Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The headlamps on my 03 LX Rio keep wanting to move up and down for no reason. When the car is stationary you can hear the electric motors whirring all the time. Is this normal?Is there some kind of automatic level adjustment, or is there something wrong with the electrics?

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
M4 I have this happening on my 2006 Rio diesel. Viking Paul has seen this before and was going to report back but not heard anything from him about it as yet. Weird init.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I don`t think any of them are auto. It may be possible to pull a fuse as a temp. fix. Sorry never had this problem ,so not much help.

·
Registered
662 Posts
best i can tell is the motor gets in a mid position and then does not know where it is sometimes it will reset if the power is disconnected to both lamps then reconnected after 30 secs

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sounds like I may as well pull the fuse out. Does anyone ever adjust their headlamps for the load they're carrying? I don't it ever occurs to most people.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Not on my Rio but I have to adjust the level on my van as the weight I carry varies day by day. Alot of people on the roads dont bother adjusting them and I have been dazzled a few times I'll tell you. And there is the ones who dont dip there headlamps when they are approaching you and that makes me so angry

·
Registered
23 Posts
Viking paul,

you say disconect the power to the headlights for 30sec, sorry I know this might sound like I'm thick, how do you do this?

Cheers

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
I would think it will be the main plug going into the headlight unit as thats got the feed for the headlight leveling motors.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts