Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, just bought myself a 2004 Carens CRDI diesel.
With winter fast approaching and i`m going to be doing a fair bit of nightime motorway driving, is it worth buying a pair of Philips X-Treme Power +80%Headlamp bulbs or are they just a bit of a gimmick and will not really make much difference?
Maybe there is a better recommendation???

Thanks.

·
Registered
120 Posts
PersonallyI wouldn't bother- the standard lamps are good enough, just make sure you don't do what mrs Rusty did and inadvertantly reset the beam adjuster wheel you'll find on the dashto the fully laden setting and then moan about the lights not pointing very far ahead!!

·
Registered
99 Posts
the lights on the carens are pretty good, much better than our fiesta ,and they light the road well after all its hardly a racer
and like Mr rusty said just check the setting on the right lower dash

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for taking the time to reply

Glad i asked the question now as its saved a few quid, thanks again.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have had Garage fitted HID lights fitted,I had previously had them fitted on my 56plate Mondeo and removed and put into the Carens. I tried a few o called high brightness bulbs but none match the output of professionally fitted HID conversions. The light is fantastic on Motorways and normal A and B roads.
In fact I can't remember the last time i used Main Beam!
Trust me when I say if you have these fitted you will not be disappointed. If you do go for the one which give the Whitest light 6000k, not the boy racer blue ones.

Mine where £140 fitted inc VAT to the Mondeo and the Mechanic charged me £40 to take out of the Mondeo and refit in the Carens

·
Registered
476 Posts
SlartyUK said:
I have had Garage fitted HID lights fitted

Ah but you need them in deepest darkest Naaarfolk lol.

I had thought about this as I do a lot of night driving however mine is 99% in town so no real benefit to me, just clean the glass regularly & make sure the bulbs are working!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts