Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning all, I looked through pages 1&2 and could not see any answers so apologies in advance.

When (IF!) We get back to France later this year do the headlamps on a 2019 GT Line auto adjust or will I need silly stickers?

TIA

·
Registered
2020 Sportage GT-Line CRDi
1,436 Posts
Section 4, page 135 of the owners handbook.

·
Registered
2020 Sportage 1.6 CRDi '4' DCT Mild Hybrid
116 Posts
Morning all, I looked through pages 1&2 and could not see any answers so apologies in advance.

When (IF!) We get back to France later this year do the headlamps on a 2019 GT Line auto adjust or will I need silly stickers?

TIA
If your headlights are Xenon or LED then no need to do anything as they are a flat beam. Just be sure they are adjusted correctly because if the nearside is a little high this will annoy the French drivers and we wouldn't want to do that, would we ;)
If you have filament bulbs then you will have to probably use stickers as I'm quite sure there isn't another way around it.

·
Super Moderator
4,314 Posts

TIA
Park up pointing at a wall/garage door. Look at the beam pattern on the wall. If its flat all the way across (----) you are OK. If you see a upturn on the left ( \__) then you need something to remove the upward bit.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If your headlights are Xenon or LED then no need to do anything as they are a flat beam. Just be sure they are adjusted correctly because if the nearside is a little high this will annoy the French drivers and we wouldn't want to do that, would we ;)
If you have filament bulbs then you will have to probably use stickers as I'm quite sure there isn't another way around it.
Full LED (IIRC) so I reckon I will be ok. In my old A5 you went in to the menu, lighting, drive on Left and it changed them for you.

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
Mine has filament bulbs and there is a flat top beam pattern. There is a slight uptick and then flat again on the left side of the beam but not enought to be a problem.

KCS have covered this on here many times and no beam modifiers are needed. Some vehicles have a menu setting for wrong side of the road but I think this is something to do with bendy beams (if yours has them) and some make a correctoin automatically.

·
Registered
833 Posts
My Stonic has focused, but halogen bulb, headlights and (presumably) the flat beam which is a PITA as they don't illuminate the road signs to the left effectively. I'm very tempted to tweak the left light up a bit to create a beam pattern similar to a conventional halogen light !

BTW - I'm not thinking of driving in the Eu just having a whinge :)

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
Yes, and the chronic lack of maintenance means that many road signs are either covered in algae or road film and do not reflect very well.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes, and the chronic lack of maintenance means that many road signs are either covered in algae or road film and do not reflect very well.
Bloody Brexit (well that's what I blame it on, that and everything)

·
Registered
116 Posts
Mine has filament bulbs and there is a flat top beam pattern. There is a slight uptick and then flat again on the left side of the beam but not enought to be a problem.

KCS have covered this on here many times and no beam modifiers are needed. Some vehicles have a menu setting for wrong side of the road but I think this is something to do with bendy beams (if yours has them) and some make a correctoin automatically.
Before I go any any further I do not which filament bulbs are fitted to your car, what the headlights are such as projector etc so I will generalise but there can any scenario is possible with filament bulbs. Beam patterns can be made up from prismed lens, by stepped and angled back reflector and dual filament bulbs have a reflector/deflector built in to it. All these can alter the beam pattern.
If in doubt do as iooi #5 suggested by pointing your vehicle against a wall or garage door to show if the is a bleed off to the left on dip.

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
Before I go any any further I do not which filament bulbs are fitted to your car, what the headlights are such as projector etc so I will generalise but there can any scenario is possible with filament bulbs. Beam patterns can be made up from prismed lens, by stepped and angled back reflector and dual filament bulbs have a reflector/deflector built in to it. All these can alter the beam pattern.
If in doubt do as iooi #5 suggested by pointing your vehicle against a wall or garage door to show if the is a bleed off to the left on dip.
I am in no doubt - the headlamp unit is a projector type. They were well mis-set when I got the car (new) but the dealer insisted that they are factory set. BS. I re-set them myself so I am very familiar with the beam pattern. This has been done to death on here and KCS have given advice on several threads - have a search.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I am in no doubt - the headlamp unit is a projector type. They were well mis-set when I got the car (new) but the dealer insisted that they are factory set. BS. I re-set them myself so I am very familiar with the beam pattern. This has been done to death on here and KCS have given advice on several threads - have a search.
No thanks I'll take a rain check, I don't need to risk entering the hall of death.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts