Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
On Order: GT-Line S PHEV Dark Penta Metal (Ordered 11/03/22. Expected by July 2022)
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know whether the headlights on the new Sportage need to be adjusted for driving abroad on the right? If they do, are they adjustable via a setting in the car or is it necessary to use old school beam deflectors?
In case it’s relevant, it’s a GT Line S PHEV that I’m waiting impatiently for.

·
Registered
On Order: Sportage GT Line S PHEV in Infra Red
214 Posts
I too await both my new car and answers to this question!

·
Registered
91 Posts
GT Lines and 4 have matrix lights. So might not need them, but I’m hoping there is a setting in the car to switch when driving abroad never the less.

·
Registered
On Order: GT-Line S PHEV Dark Penta Metal (Ordered 11/03/22. Expected by July 2022)
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The brochure includes this:

To provide the very best levels of illumination, the Intelligent Front-lighting System enables each LED to light independently to deliver a precise lighting experience. It allows to travel with high beam headlights without any risk of dazzling oncoming traffic. A front view camera featuring vehicle recognition technology automatically dims or brightens each individual LED, enhancing the driver’s forward vision while protecting oncoming traffic from glare in real time (grade dependent).

·
Registered
on order GTs hybrid 4wd
304 Posts
The brochure includes this:

To provide the very best levels of illumination, the Intelligent Front-lighting System enables each LED to light independently to deliver a precise lighting experience. It allows to travel with high beam headlights without any risk of dazzling oncoming traffic. A front view camera featuring vehicle recognition technology automatically dims or brightens each individual LED, enhancing the driver’s forward vision while protecting oncoming traffic from glare in real time (grade dependent).
Well that's a bonus as I have that system on my Tiguan.

·
Registered
on order GTs hybrid 4wd
304 Posts
Still not sure as matrix lights are only mentioned in my copy of brochure in reference to the plugin hybrid.

"
If you have decided to embrace change, then there has never been a better
time with the Sportage Plug-in Hybrid. Combining stunning looks and a
premium interior, the Sportage showcases a striking signature tiger nose grille,
boomerang-style LED daytime running lights, dramatic matrix LED headlamps
and a new Terrain Mode (grade dependent) to conquer any surface. With its
muscular looks and innovative electrified powertrain, the Sportage Plug-in
Hybrid inspires us to do things differently."

·
Registered
on order GTs hybrid 4wd
304 Posts
Ok I'm now convinced found this on google.

"Does Kia have adaptive headlights?

Adaptive headlights (which is what the Kia gets) remain on high beam on all unlit roads but blank out the high beam around vehicles you are following and vehicles approaching. You even get high beam down the strip in the middle of the road between vehicles as well as beyond them.26 Oct 2021"

1 - 18 of 18 Posts