Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Found on a different site . . . . .

Not sure if it the same as your unit though

<div id="post_message_1030833" itemprop="text" ="nos" style="border: 0px; margin: 0px; outline: 0px; padding: 0px; color: rgb51, 51, 51; font-size: 14px; line-height: 18.2px; : rgb239, 239, 239;">I have a 2014 Kia Sorento SX with the 8-inch UVO Infinity Sat-Nav system. There is a few things I would like to do like play videos, add apps, etc. Seems like it will be an uphill battle but seems doable. From what I can tell the stereo/sat tuners are independent of the UVO system and only the sound being pumped into the OS.

I have managed to access the Windows CE 6.0 OS. The downside it is in Korean and there is no English language pack installed.

For those who are interested here are the steps I used.

WARNING: This will clear all your stereo presets for AM, FM, and SiriusXM as well as your audio adjustments,

Hold down "AM/FM" , "Map Voice" and the Eject button for 15 seconds.
After 15 seconds the system will power down.
Press the volume knob.
System reboots to the UVO system.
Repeat: Hold down "AM/FM" , "Map Voice" and the Eject button for 15 seconds.
Press volume knob and the Windows CE 6.0 OS screen boots up.

Give it a try. I am trying to install an MUI (language pack) for English. I'll let you know how it goes as I get more time to play with it.
<div ="text_wrapper vbseo_s" id="lkbtn_1.173713.1030833" style="border: 0px; margin: 0px; outline: 0px; padding: 0px; clear: both; font-size: 11px; : relative; color: rgb51, 51, 51; line-height: 18.2px; : rgb239, 239, 239;"><ul ="vbseo_s" style="border: 0px; margin: 0px 0px 0px 20px; outline: 0px; padding: 10px; visibility: ; width: auto; : transparent;">[/list]

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Quelle sportage said:
In Europe it's a LG unit not UVO with Sirius that's for the USA, totally different system. So I doubt very much this method would work.

Thought so, I have sent a different link to the OP, not sure if I was allowed to put the link on here.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Kia optima 2015
Windows ce korian
1-turn on your head unit
2-Press and hold "fm/am" + "voice msp" + "eject" for 15 seconds
3-hold "eject" and press "power button" twice.
4- wait ...

------------------

·
Registered
1 Posts
Found on a different site . . . . .

Not sure if it the same as your unit though

<div id="post_message_1030833" itemprop="text" ="nos" style="border: 0px; margin: 0px; outline: 0px; padding: 0px; color: rgb51, 51, 51; font-size: 14px; line-height: 18.2px; : rgb239, 239, 239;">I have a 2014 Kia Sorento SX with the 8-inch UVO Infinity Sat-Nav system. There is a few things I would like to do like play videos, add apps, etc. Seems like it will be an uphill battle but seems doable. From what I can tell the stereo/sat tuners are independent of the UVO system and only the sound being pumped into the OS.

I have managed to access the Windows CE 6.0 OS. The downside it is in Korean and there is no English language pack installed.

For those who are interested here are the steps I used.

WARNING: This will clear all your stereo presets for AM, FM, and SiriusXM as well as your audio adjustments,

Hold down "AM/FM" , "Map Voice" and the Eject button for 15 seconds.
Press the volume knob.
System reboots to the UVO system.
Repeat: Hold down "AM/FM" , "Map Voice" and the Eject button for 15 seconds.
Press volume knob and the Windows CE 6.0 OS screen boots up.

Give it a try. I am trying to install an MUI (language pack) for English. I'll let you know how it goes as I get more time to play with it.
<div ="text_wrapper vbseo_s" id="lkbtn_1.173713.1030833" style="border: 0px; margin: 0px; outline: 0px; padding: 0px; clear: both; font-size: 11px; : relative; color: rgb51, 51, 51; line-height: 18.2px; : rgb239, 239, 239;"><ul ="vbseo_s" style="border: 0px; margin: 0px 0px 0px 20px; outline: 0px; padding: 10px; visibility: ; width: auto; : transparent;">[/list]

Hi, I have a Sorento SXL 2014 with infinity sirius hd.. radio, radio was working ok, but took SDMap card out and put it back, now my radio is always in windows enbedded CE 6.0 screen for a few seconds, and then reboots automatically restars in UVO screen, loads... and returns to windows desktops again over and over again. I need to come back to the radio main screen, not the windows, do you have any idea?

thank you

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.