Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my 2016 Sport age 3 CRDI for just over a year. When I first had it the head unit screen would change from the welcome "KIA" message to the clock display within a few seconds of starting the car. Recently it is taking anything up to a few minutes to go the clock display, the KIA welcome message flashes on and off during the process. While it's doing this it's not possible to use the sat-nav or any of the media services. The car was recalled in July for the fuse change but I'm not sure that the problem started immediately after. It's not a huge issue but irritating to see!

Super Moderator
Try a reset using the pin hole.

Registered
have you tried a factory reset?

Super Moderator
2020 Sportage GT-Line CRDi
Yes. Still doing it!
Looks like you may have to get the dealer to have a look, although be aware the head unit warranty is only 3 years. When was the last time the software was updated? Maybe a software update will clear your problem.

Registered
And failing that, there鈥檚 a hidden engineering menu that you can access to try and find what the issue is: that鈥檚 obviously only possible if the unit is stable for at least a couple minutes to let you access that menu.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Once the unit finishes booting it works normally. How do you access the engineering menu? Will it make any sense to me?

Registered
This is a page with a number of methods to enter the engineering menu:
Hyundai & Kia hidden Android menu Engineering Mode and secret features of radio and navigation LG, Hyundai Mobis, AVN, Android settings, test mode, service menu, Windows CE. 芦 Oviradio.cz - o r谩diu v铆

Bear in mind some methods only work on some cars/versions of the head unit but as far as I know, nothing will break if you access the menu and don't try to change any of the settings.
I used it on mine to detect a bluetooth interference which was causing the unit to slow down massively when an old device was in range.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts