Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Picanto 1.2 3 auto
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just been for a test drive in this rather nice 2019 Picanto 1.25 3 auto.
Biggest negative comment has been from wife who is of quite small stature regarding the passenger seat head restraint.
The angle of it seems to bend forward from the line of the seat back so that, at it's lowest it pushes her head forward in a most uncomfortable manner and at it's highest is too high to be of any use.
I suppose it could be removed altogether but that negates the safety aspect.
Does anyone know of another style, or make, that would fit and not protrude so far?
Anyone know if it can be taken out and turned around?
Thanks in advance for any helpful info.

·
Registered
Picanto 1.0T GDi GT-Line
1,086 Posts
This might help.
Headrest adjustment.
Forward and backward adjustment

The headrest may be adjusted forward to 4 different positions by pulling the headrest forward to the desired detent. To adjust the headrest to its rearmost position, pull it fully forward to the foremost position and release it. Adjust the headrest so that it properly supports the head and neck.

Link here.

Reactions: mr.macspot

·
Registered
168 Posts
Thank you sir.
Exactly what I needed to know.
You guys are lucky you have that adjustment. We do not have it in the Australian models and I have to admit that forwardness drove me nuts till I literally got a long piece of pipe to bend them so they still touched my head but my head was in the correct ergonomic position. I was at first tempted to simply swap them around which would have resolved the discomfort but there was an inch between the back of my head and the rest in that case so I would have had a worse injury if rear-ended. I can only assume they were designed for hunchbacks with terrible forward posture and round shoulders since there is no way a person sitting correctly and ergomonically will have their head in the position dictated by those restraints. But I found the ones in a Kia Sportage even worse, yet the ones in the Rio were ideal.

·
Registered
540 Posts
I must be a hunchback then as I have no issue with the headrest (Picanto or Rio) !
Your head is not supposed to touch the headrest (less than 2 inches) except when the airbag forces your head back and the rest prevents your neck snapping. Sounds like a lot of people are driving in a reclined position which would explain a lot of the exiting off the freeway into the scrub !!!!!!
The only issues I have seen is from those wearing hair in a bun can cause issues.

·
Registered
2019 Picanto 1.2 3 auto
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Been for another test drive today.
Followed the instructions here to adjust the headrest to its farthest back position.
Exactly as described.
Did the job!
Thanks for the help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts