Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi new member here ive had my sorento 2005 for four years and love it to bits however recently my hazard lights come on at start up they do not flash they are just on after a couple of minutes they go off is this anything to do with the cold.thanks paul.

Edited by: tickwood

·
Registered
49 Posts
There is a connector under the coolant bottle which gets water into it causing it to corode. this causes the indicators to stay on(also i think it usually stops remotes working).
It would be worth checking it out, there are two fairly large connectors,you may need to move the coolant bottle(passenger side by the bulk head) to get to it.

usually clean the rust away and its fine.

To stop it happening again kia say to stick down a seal on the scuttle trim, if your not sure about doing it your dealer should be aware of it, there is a bulletin!

Also had a indicator relay pack-up before on sorento, behind trim on side of dash drivers side.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that its been in a my local garage all week and they tried changing relays switches with no result iv'e just told them to try your tip so lets see how they do.many many thanks paul.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for taking the time to post this information, I have the same problem on my Soreto. I'll be checking those connectors tomorrow ! thanks again.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've just checked those two plugs/sockets under the water bottle. The smaller one of the two was the one with fair amount water and green muck inside it. I cleaned all the water and muck out blew the rest out with an airline, sprayed a small amount of WD40 inside the plug and reassembled it put the three M6 nuts back on the water bottle. and BINGO. all back as it should be.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just had the same fault. Luckily I found this post before getting someone to look at it. 20 mins and no cost problem solved. I've wrapped cling film around the 2 plugs to give them extra protection. Thank you for saving me time and money ?

·
Registered
844 Posts
:smile_big:Take a bow woohoo three happy people

1 - 9 of 9 Posts