Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I’ve always used Haynes paper manuals for all my cars in the past. Haynes don’t publish one for the 2008 Ceed GS
Has anyone had any experience of using the Haynes Autofix online manual compared to the old disassemble-reassemble type
Thanks
Bryn

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Welcome to the forum, 'Bryn'.

Having spent many years hands-on in the motor trade, before the days of disposable gloves,:) I never really had any use for Haynes manuals although I had friends who liked to tinker with their cars and always relied on the Haynes manuals to help tackle jobs that they would otherwise have to pay a garage to sort.

If the online variety are as helpful as I have been led to understand, then £25.00 or so seems like a bargain to me for those on a budget. Just replacing front discs and pads on your driveway, for example, would probably save more than the online manual costs. If one is determined to avoid paying out big bills for car maintenance, then The Haynes product or possibly others of that ilk (if they exist) seems like a no-brainer.

For those with cars still within warranty, I would recommend having brake work done by professionals to avoid (hopefully) any clash with the warranty claims dept. and to have someone with a duty of care who can be blamed in the event of any disaster.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.