Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what is involved in getting the sub woofer fitted to the big silly round hole on the top of my dash? Has anyone done it yet as an aftermarket fitment?

·
Registered
283 Posts
That isn't a sub woofer on the dash it is a dialog (centre)speaker. The sub goes behind the panel in the boot which has a little stowage hole (drivers side). As Tempest says, the sub would require an amp as well.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
I can tell you maddog that if you can ft it the sound system is very good indeed,it comes as standard on my Tempest and it produces a exellent sound quality.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
yep - its a damn good system on the Tempest. Apparently the head unit is very very good quality and the amp and speakers less so, and in america some owners have replaced the amp and speakers with even better ones and the quality is meant to be amazing.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ah right O. I somehow knew it wasnt that simple! A big expensive job no doubt.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Would not be suprised to find that the wiring is already in to do it. They may only have one wiring loom for all modelsmaddog so it may not be as bad as you think.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Sorry to be negative here!....but the models that dont get something simple like the front foglights have a different wiring loom to the rest of the models..... so dont expect too much.... but i am often wrong - let us know.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts