Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I contacted Kia Customer Services to confirm the latest map updates. The reply I received has confused me.

I have always been understanding that Here used to supply the maps but it is now Tomtom. But this reply says the opposite.
Which is correct.

Super Moderator
Tom Tom is used for the "Live Updates" Not the actual mapping. Although may have supplied the mapping years ago.
"Here" has been doing the mapping for a good few years, as far as I know.

Registered
Yes, maps are still supplied by HERE and have been for a few years. Our partnership with Tom Tom only goes as far as the live data streamed to the sat nav by Kia Connected Services (speed cameras, points of interest, traffic and weather.)

Kia Customer Service
0333 202 2990

Visit www.kia.co.uk
Join in www.facebook.com/kiamotorsuk
Enjoy www.youtube.com/kiamotorsuk
Follow us @KiaUK on twitter

Call centre opening hours:

Monday to Friday - 8:30am - 7pm
Saturday: 9am - 1pm
Sunday: Closed

Registered
Many people have never heard of 'Here', the suppliers of the integrated satnav for the Hyundai/KIA group, among others. Some, perhaps, may remember the company under its previous name, 'Navteq'.

Navteq was an American company which was bought out by Nokia in 2007 and by 2011, the name was changed to 'Here'. The company was subsequently sold on to a consortium of German carmakers in 2016.

Thanks to Wikipedia for that information.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Yes, maps are still supplied by HERE and have been for a few years. Our partnership with Tom Tom only goes as far as the live data streamed to the sat nav by Kia Connected Services (speed cameras, points of interest, traffic and weather.)

Kia Customer Service
0333 202 2990

Visit www.kia.co.uk

The reason I wanted the information I brought a 67 plate Sportage from a Kia dealer in February and part of the deal was that the maps where updated. Now the version of the maps I have is EUR.09.47.50.582.001.2(D.C1). I believe that this is an older version and I would like to clarify that before I speak to the dealers.
If you could do that please.

Registered
2020 Sportage GT-Line CRDi
The reason I wanted the information I brought a 67 plate Sportage from a Kia dealer in February and part of the deal was that the maps where updated. Now the version of the maps I have is EUR.09.47.50.582.001.2(D.C1). I believe that that is an older version and I would like to clarify that before I speak to the dealers.
If you could do that please.
Yes it is an older 2017 version. The current map versions is EUR.12. etc., which is the 2020 maps. The image on this post has the full number.

Registered
Our partnership with Tom Tom only goes as far as the live data streamed to the sat nav by Kia Connected Services (speed cameras, points of interest, traffic and weather.)

Kia Customer Service
0333 202 2990

Visit www.kia.co.uk

How do you get Kia connected services & is this obtainable using an android (samsung) phone??

Thank you

Super Moderator
How do you get Kia connected services & is this obtainable using an android (samsung) phone??

Thank you
WiFi hot spot from your phone.

Or you can set in manually each time. Others have managed to automate this.

What car is it you have?
If you have UVO via the head unit. Live services is already there.

Registered
We have a Stonic 1st Edition .... i dont believe it has UVO
Will this work with an android Phone??

Super Moderator
No UVO on 1st edition.

Yes app will/should work on Andriod phone.

Personally if you have Android phone I would be using Android Auto

Registered
I have a Stonic 1st Edition as well. No problems using with Android phones HotSpot or Android Auto by cable.

To automatically set the HotSpot up (so I don't have to fiddle with my phone when entering the car) I use the Macrodroid APP which allows you to automate the BT connect / Turn on HotSpot process. There are simpler HotSpot connect APPS in the Playstore but I Macrodroid give me greater control (and I use it for other phone automation activities)

Registered
I have a Stonic 1st Edition as well. No problems using with Android phones HotSpot or Android Auto by cable.

To automatically set the HotSpot up (so I don't have to fiddle with my phone when entering the car) I use the Macrodroid APP which allows you to automate the BT connect / Turn on HotSpot process. There are simpler HotSpot connect APPS in the Playstore but I Macrodroid give me greater control (and I use it for other phone automation activities)
Thanks for that Radiorail ... i now have doubts about the transfer cable i'm using so i'll replace that first & try again

Super Moderator
Thanks for that Radiorail ... i now have doubts about the transfer cable i'm using so i'll replace that first & try again
Best is the one you get with the phone.
Although I have had no issues with a 3rd party one that has a 90 deg end for phone & is only about 6" long.

Registered
Discussion Starter #15
I have read on another forum that Kia dealer don鈥檛 charge for map updates when done when car is serviced.
Anyone else heard of this or if it鈥檚 true?

Registered
I have read on another forum that Kia dealer don鈥檛 charge for map updates when done when car is serviced.
Anyone else heard of this or if it鈥檚 true?
Some will do it for free out of goodwill but the majority still apply the 拢40 labour charge even when having the car serviced by them.

Registered
Discussion Starter #17
Yes I鈥檝e always been charged but thought it might be a new thing

1 - 17 of 17 Posts