Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive got a 2003 sedona SE, 2.9.
just been out to get something out of the back, i shut the boot lid, and now its jammed shut, and is showing open on the dashboard., ive tried to reset the central locking by locking and unlocking the car, but nothing seems to reset it. cant get into the locking mechanism, and with the xmas coming up , im gona need the boot lid open,, any ideas anyone,,

07811 381 761,, if you have a quick solution

by the way, ive just had a new coolant radiator fitted which cost £190 fitted,,,, just as well ive got a good mate who is a mechanic,,

if anyone has any ideas,, ide be grateful,,

cheers
tony

·
Registered
702 Posts
fazertony said:
ive got a 2003 sedona SE, 2.9.
just been out to get something out of the back, i shut the boot lid, and now its jammed shut, and is showing open on the dashboard., ive tried to reset the central locking by locking and unlocking the car, but nothing seems to reset it. cant get into the locking mechanism, and with the xmas coming up , im gona need the boot lid open,, any ideas anyone,,

07811 381 761,, if you have a quick solution

by the way, ive just had a new coolant radiator fitted which cost £190 fitted,,,, just as well ive got a good mate who is a mechanic,,

if anyone has any ideas,, ide be grateful,,

cheers
tony
Hi
Its a common problem with the Sedona. Normally its caused by the hadle noreturning fully toe closed position. Try locking the car ag and then pushing the handle back with your fingers and then unlock the car then try to open the hatch again. Mines done it since I've had it ,I took it apart and greased everything but eventually it started to stick again now I just push the handle back when I close the hatch everytime and this stops it happening

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cheers for the reply ,,
after driving round for a couple of hours doing messages,, i unlocked the car and there was a loud clunk from the back ,, and it was ok,, i keep it well sprayed with WD40 ,, as i do with all the locks on the car, but will have to be a bit more vigilant in the future,,

thanks again for the reply,,
have a good xmas and new yr,,

Tony

·
Registered
390 Posts
Hi. Same for me as Bruno.
I use the key tho as a lever to put the handle back in the 'closed' position.
Then lock unlock and then pull handle to open. DW40 ect... ok but pushing the handle back down does the job, mine does this quite often.
Steve Gx Blackpool

1 - 4 of 4 Posts