Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I last had the software on my 2020 Niro HEV updated by a dealer in November last year. I've been holding off doing a self-update as I keep seeing lots of reports of bugs. e.g. Sat Nav showing wrong position at night, car not connecting to Kia Connect.. and the like. I recently saw a recommendation to wait until an expected April update but I haven't heard anything about such an update being available or whether it had made things better...or worse?

Has anyone updated a similar aged vehicle recently? Is it worth doing or should I just stick with the current software version which I am quite happy with?

Thanks!

·
Registered
E-Niro 4+ Jan 21, 70 plate
33 Posts
There was a February one for you I believe, but we are due another may/June so if you are happy I'd probably hold off.

you can see these here

On the software code the last 6 digits are the date in reverse, so 220211 is 11th Feb this year
Hi,
I got this list from Kia when they sent an email saying that we could now do updates ourselves.
Mine was last updated in April 21 and as I received this around Jan 22 I thought that an update was due. However looking at the list for Niro EV the MY21 is not listed which I find a bit strange as MY 20 &22 is.
Should there be a MY21 update ??

·
Registered
ProCeed GT (JD, 3 Door)
165 Posts
Hi,
I got this list from Kia when they sent an email saying that we could now do updates ourselves.
Mine was last updated in April 21 and as I received this around Jan 22 I thought that an update was due. However looking at the list for Niro EV the MY21 is not listed which I find a bit strange as MY 20 &22 is.
Should there be a MY21 update ??
They do not update the software for each year of manufacture, just each time there is an update to the car (facelift or spec change for example), so in 2022 there will have been an update, as yours is a 2021 car, it should fall under the MY20 update

Easiest way is to check the software version on your headunit and see if it matches those listed or not, if not then there is likely an update available

·
Registered
128 Posts
There may have been a server maintenance activity for the past few days that would have affected some Niro models and a few Picantos.

Our Niro HEV, registered in Sept '21, had a model number that is shown as Model year '22 in the update notice posted on 5th April 2022 in the Kia web site.

That suggests that the early April update, the one that introduces the potential for over-the-air updates, is available for the car. (Once THIS update has been installed.)

But, as ever, it may be dangerous to assume anything ...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts