Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I鈥檓 not too sure if there are actually any of these in the UK yet? They seem hard to get hold of too with 5-6 Months waiting?
I wondered if any members have ordered or perhaps have one yet? 馃檪

Registered
I have a 2016 Sorento and my wife is interested in the Soul so we too would be interested in any impressions of the current Maxx version. I鈥檓 not sure what, if anything, has been added but it does look like a few things featured in some of the reviews of earlier models have been dropped, e.g. the Head-up display and wireless charging mat.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I鈥檓 not sure if you use speakEV but there鈥檚 loads about the Maxx on there and owners experiences. It鈥檚 a great little car in my opinion. There doesn鈥檛 seem so much activity on this forum regarding the Maxx 馃檨
This is one of the streams.

Registered
Well done! We鈥檝e got another couple of months to wait. Can you confirm the driver鈥檚 seat adjustment arrangements please. Our understanding is that it is all manual, with the possible exception of the lumbar support adjustment.

Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020 First Edition
I think chip shortage has put a stop to a lot of unnecessary luxuries.
The chip shortage is post the spec of my FE or the new Maxx鈥. Just a cost cutter exercise I expect. My ZS EV was the same. Electric seat with no memory.
I wished that my passenger door mirror would dip as well when I select reverse鈥.

Registered
2021 Soul EV FE
...I wished that my passenger door mirror would dip as well when I select reverse鈥.
Ah yes, that was a disappointment for me too in our FE
I had got so used to features seen on Youtube for the e-Niro (and probably some Soul EVs in other countries), that the non-kerb-pointing mirrors in reverse gear was a disappointment.
I had realised that the rear armrest wasn't in the UK FE and neither was there a 12V socket in the boot when we had a look in the showroom. Memory driver seat tied to the key would have been nice too, but never expected that (useful when the two drivers are 5'10 and 6'2).
Fantasy feature would have been matrix headlights.

Everyone's favourite annoyance at a cheapskate corner-cut: no front parking sensors - Grrr :)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I think that the FE and Maxx are generally very well specified, but I also think that some additional items would have been very well received in the UK (some are already included outside the UK). My list would include;

1/memory front seat - ideally linked to key
2/sunroof option
3/front parking sensors
4/rear centre arm rest (this really should have been standard)
5/power tailgate (always nice to have)
6/auto-tilting in reverse passenger door mirror
7/option to use cameras as a dashcam (all cars should have this)
8/interior trim colour options (all black can be a bit dreary)
9/mood lighting
10/adjustable rear seat to allow for more boot space
11/default option to disable lane keep assist and vess and enable auto-hold, instead of having to do this on every journey
12/over the air updates (again this should be standard on all cars)
13/long interval or nil servicing requirements鈥
14/8 Year HV battery warranty instead of 7 which is behind the standard
15/front passenger seat height adjustment and lumbar support

Registered
Ordered our Soul EV Maxx at the end of January and it arrived last week. A few things missing, as Trevorh pointed out: ours has no head-up display or wireless charging mat, but we're not too disappointed. Just grateful to have taken delivery of it when other manufacturers are gloomily predicting delays of six or more months.
It's a lovely car to drive: smooth, quiet, handles well, more spacious than we expected and we love the safety features.

Registered
I鈥檓 not too sure if there are actually any of these in the UK yet? They seem hard to get hold of too with 5-6 Months waiting?
I wondered if any members have ordered or perhaps have one yet? 馃檪
Hi there, we took delivery of our Kia Soul EV Maxx about a month ago, it's lived up to our expectations. Is there a specific query you wanted clearing up, or am I too late to the party?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi there, we took delivery of our Kia Soul EV Maxx about a month ago, it's lived up to our expectations. Is there a specific query you wanted clearing up, or am I too late to the party?
Hi, I鈥檝e had my Maxx now since January this Year. I鈥檓 very pleased as it seems you are too. You are a bit late to the party as I op鈥檇 a while ago now. There is quite a bit about the Maxx/FE on the speakev forum too, if you are on there or can take a look. Enjoy your car. 馃檪

1 - 17 of 17 Posts