Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
I think the UK cars come with a button to disable the internal alarm sensors (and appears to be the same button palcement as where the dimmer dial should be on non-UK cars), but I'd rather have the ability to adjust my dashboard lights than switch my alarm off.

As we're going into these slightly darker mornings its annoying that with your headlights on, the dashboard lights and radio dim you can hardly see the radio screen/dash.

A very stupid oversight by Kia this (that and the horn of course
)
Edited by: 3pic

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Leave your headlights off then. If it isn't dark enough for you to need them to see then the DRL's will be more than bright enough for others to see you.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Techno said:
Leave your headlights off then. If it isn't dark enough for you to need them to see then the DRL's will be more than bright enough for others to see you.
Are the rear lights supposed to be on with the DRL's? Mine don't seem to be.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
No, good point... and the DRL's will dim if you put the sidelights on.

Perhaps rear DRL's will soon be added to the seemingly endless list of forthcoming EU legislation.

·
Registered
207 Posts
AFAIA DLRs become mandatory on cars in Europe - inc UK- from sometime next year.Many manufacturers are already fitting them on 2012 models.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The brightness of the DRLs and the fact that the dash lights are always on was the excuse my wife used for driving 20 miles in the dark without the main lights on!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I thought they only worked when you put the indicators on anyway in the standard headlamp setting. Im sure mine dont work at all with or without indicators on "auto lamps"

1 - 20 of 36 Posts