Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Has any forum member ordered a new 2020 KIA Soul EV yet. I have placed an order for the First Edition in Neptune Blue - Due for delivery (Hopefully) Q1 2020

Cheers

Phil

Attachments

M

·
0 Posts
Nice colour.

I would like an EV as the mileage i do wouldn't give me the dreaded Range anxiety but they are still very expensive and living on a terraced street i would struggle to charge it. (we do have a few charging points in the town)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Phil,

I ordered one about a month ago (the weekend the order book opened at dealers).

I have also gone for blue as I am not a fan of black or white for practical reasons.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Yes I might prefer the soul to the Niro EV provided the boot area/ rear seat area is not as small as the Kona is!

·
Super Moderator
3,136 Posts
Pretty sure there was a post on the range not so long ago.

Found it

Also have seen a white one round here.

·
Registered
248 Posts
May well opt for soul instead of Niro EV, since it has head up display and blind spot monitoring which Niro EV does not have although the level 4 hybrid Niro does how crazy are some of these manufacturers deletions on certain models to save a few pence like deleting led bulbs inside cabins in several models!

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not been around for quite some time, but thought I better update - KIA cancelled my pre-order for the Soul EV so I would have had to reorder and go to the back of the queue again, so I am now in the process of buying another car that will be delivered in March - Unfortunately it is not an EV. I will wait another couple of years to see how the infrastructure improves (However with Ionity putting up the cost to 69p will have to see how it plays out), plus there should be a better choice of EV by then Hopefully

Cheers

Phil

·
Registered
2 Posts
I did consider it, but the truth is I don't need a 250+ miles as I average less than 110 miles per week.

Mind you if Boris had announced the £6K scrappage allowance, before I bought my 30kwh, I might have been tempted. But after owing the 30kwh for a week, I have no regrets as I love the car.

You can get a new one (not pre reg) from KIA Bolton (they are only one owned by KIA) for £34999

·
Read Only
1 Posts
I took delivery of a new Kia e Soul last week (white with red roof). Local dealer said there was UK stock but disappearing fast. This is my first Kia and I am, so far, very happy with it. It is well built and finished, interior good but materials not quite up to Mercedes standards (my previous car).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes, ordered on 23/05 picked up last Thursday. Love it, done 212miles still 40% battery awsome.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I would love to buy an EV but at £34000 for the Soul, which is double the amount I paid for my current Venga it just is not a viable purchase. Perhaps if they got the price nearer £25000 and allowed a 48 month contract it might just make it a possibility?

David

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi All,

Has any forum member ordered a new 2020 KIA Soul EV yet. I have placed an order for the First Edition in Neptune Blue - Due for delivery (Hopefully) Q1 2020

Cheers

Phil
Hi I ordered a kia, soul ev neptune blue with black roof back in March and it arrived in June due to pandemic. Love my car done 1400 miles so far. My partner has 3 young girls who all require car seats can fit all 3 and her in car but one car seat must go in front with air bag off and my partner gets abit uncomfortable sitting in the middle of the car. I am getting currently between 220 to 250miles in Scotland on full range waiting to expierence winter. I have found the application process for government scheme to buy car lituarly pointless as if you don't have credit card or mortgage they fail your application and for the home charger we allow neighbours to use our private path for binns which automatically disqualified us for the government grant. However finding it easy to use 3 pin plug I use it to charge my car every day its been used and drops below 80% battery, however that's due to working from home working in office will require me to use a charger somewhere my daily commute will be around 70 miles per day. The car drives smoothly I haven't tested automatic regenerative breaking yet but also found turning regen off and only using it when needing to break makes the range shown more efficient than keeping a regen level on during the drive. The lane assist is good when it decides to work seems to struggle activating at times. Adaptive cruise control is great.

Some bits of info I thought would be good to share when you first receive your soul it will display your range in km if want miles you have to go into the navigation settings to change it (this is somthing the manual wasn't very helpful with) the navigation aswell claims it picks the fastest route but it doesn't tested this a few times with my misses in her car and if using navigation recommended and both sticking to legal speeds your usually 5 to 10 minutes slower on the recommended route and sometimes using more range aswell.

One thing I've been annoyed with is the charging network I've tried to use one of the charging stations outside IKEA in Glasgow but it didn't work and in my area most of the chargers that are faster than house charging is about 20 miles + away. Also kia garages in Fife atleast don't allow customers to use there charging stations to charge where as the Nissan garages allow leaf owners to do so for free.

Overall I love the car I'm so glad I got the neptune blue and black (I was in the first batch of them to arrive in Scotland) the only colours to me don't look anywhere near as good to me.

Also just heads up UK first edition versions of soul ev 2020 doesn't get the mood lightning but the stereo system is top notch.

Anything I wish it had? Yeah a glass /sun rooth the car gets abit dark which is fine when driving but when waiting for somone or at charging points it can get abit dark inside car and the lights inside aren't very powerful

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yes I might prefer the soul to the Niro EV provided the boot area/ rear seat area is not as small as the Kona is!
Hey just heads up boot is smaller tha Niro, the boot with seats up and false floor in is considered quite small (massive upgrade from my previous car suzuki jimny) but my alsation dog wouldn't fit in car with back seats up.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts