Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All.
Sedona 2001 tdi s.Handbreak needs adjusting, 'to high' at the mo'. Need to take it down a few clicks. EASY WAY IS...?
Thanks Steve Gx Blackpool

·
Registered
702 Posts
stevegx said:
Hi All.
Sedona 2001 tdi s.Handbreak needs adjusting, 'to high' at the mo'. Need to take it down a few clicks. EASY WAY IS...?
Thanks Steve Gx Blackpool

As if !!!!
It depends how high it is and if the cables are resonably new, but judging by the luck you've had with yours so far they won't be
If they are not tightened as far as they will go then its just a case of jacking the back end up high and supporting it, then tighten the cable end that comes through the yolk till the O/S rear locks then back it off a bit then see if the near side locks up along with the O/S with the lever pulled up and both release when the lever is down. If so all well and good most MOT'ers look for 6-8 clicks as a gauge. If not then the fun begins the near side one has a turn buckle on it so you can adjust that one up if the O/S locks but not the near side. If you need a new cable then it's normally this one as it stretches more than the other 2. If it has to be replaced then you have to back everything off change the cable and follow the above again. Sometimes it's a 5 minute job and others an hour job its an awful design good luck

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi. Thanks Bruno. Car back now second hand engine from Sedona Gary.Old out new in £250 cash. I now have tho the full cylinder head with the two gears wheels, 2x cam rockers everything for sale £220 plus postage/delivery about £30-£40. This head was from Sedona Gary too andonly on mine for a week...so if you know any one. I willtake photos and put on e bay soon.
Thanks again Steve G Blackpool

1 - 3 of 3 Posts