Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just been reading thru a few of the posts on here......... frightening stuff, its a shame we only come on these forums when something goes wrong and we look for help whilst running our vehicles down, reminds me of when i owned a Frontera same thing happened on that forum also and yet i owned two of them and had no problems with either of them thou i used the forum to gain other peoples knowledge and experience on things like adjusting handbrakes, changing disc's, headlight adjustment and so on....now i own a 2005 sedona, 52k and i love it, im sure im not the only person on here that feels the same way....ok its noisey, parts are dear, there aint a workshop manual (haynes) the handbrakes cr*p..........btw not sure if you know this but before you pull the handbrake on push and hold your foot down on the foot brake, makes a big difference and i find it will hold even with a 1700kg caravan on the back and loaded to the max, and im about to change the aux belts and if i can i will do a report with photo's so it will help anyone else who is going to tackle this job this is what the forum should be for, so come on guys n girls lets hear some positive things about the Sedona and help each other out when we have problems. I have also changed the front pads and disc's and fitted reversing sensers and a tow bar so if i can help anyone out in those areas drop me a line. Regards Steve

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Be interested to hear what you think of it tried to get the wife to go down the new sedona line when she changed her car this month......but she went with the C4 instead nice car thou.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I agree people, they may not have as many gadgets as some of the french crap but everyone on our school run wether theres is 58 or a 98 plate mpv they all get jealous when they see the space in our 54 plate and when its full and im just crawling without any accelerator in first gear up the hill. I like very much.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No longcoldwinter it pulls great even safer than the 3.2 v6 frontera i had thou you are right about the length....but then i drive a hgv for a living so its no odds. Changed the aux belts today took about 1 1/2 hrs thou if i need to do it again reakon i could do it in 1/2 to 3/4 now i know the ropes. Took some photo's anyone know how toadd them on here? and i will write it up.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Have to agree - I have a 56 Sedona TS which has the extra footbrake pedal - takes a bit of getting used too but really holds the car well, compared to the older models with the usual handbrake lever.. If you think the Sedona has a problem get a Vauxhall Vectra C model 02 - they are famous for handbrake problems although Vx did a mod which consisted of sending every owner a sticker to put on their sun visor telling them to apply handbrake and also leave the car in gear when parking!!! - although they later did another mod where the handbrake lever spring was replaced. I see now that the new shape Astra also has a problem with the electric handbrake system failing and cars rolling down the street,So yes its not only Kias

·
Registered
5 Posts
Had an old Merc ML with a foot operated parking brake, took a bit of getting used to but held OK. My 04 le has the usual lever opeated parking brake but I very rarely use it unless I'm on a hill, just put the auto in park. It just passed its MOT though without problems.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts