Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,<BR itxt="1">Ive followed the board since I decided to buy my 54 (2004) Kia <NOBR style="FONT-FAMILY: verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif; COLOR: #4a95e1; FONT-SIZE: 100%; FONT-WEIGHT: normal" id=itxt_nobr_1_1>Sedona<OBR> 2.9 CRDI (non-ac). However my lastest fault I cant seem to find the answer.<BR itxt="1"><BR itxt="1">Recently the handbrake warning light has started appearing intermittantly. While on holiday, the warning light seemed to be consistent with pressure being applied to the brake pedal and being released. <BR itxt="1">Since last night the handbrake warning light is now consistently on, with only now and then relinquisihing to silence in the cab. (I could live with it, it if wasnt for the annoying ping) Ive checked my fluid levels which are max (a little over max) However I have never replaced the fluid, could this be an issue? Ive owned the car for a year now. Ive checked the switch and all seems to be working. However with there being a link between the releasing pressure in the brake pedal, I cant see it being the switch. Does anyone else have any ideas? The car is due its mot next week, so would like to fix this before hand, incase the MOT mechanic see's it.
Today I unplugged the handbrake switch and it still the same. So Ive ruled out the handbrake switch.<BR itxt="1">Any help would be appreciated<BR itxt="1"><BR itxt="1">Regards<BR itxt="1"><BR itxt="1">James

·
Registered
192 Posts
hi bud unfortunetly these cars have a bit of history with dodgy handbrakes ,id get the back wheels off and have a good look about to see whats going on its a bad set up nearly as bad as my ssangyong musso handbrake total crap have a look then you can see whats required .

·
Registered
887 Posts
Handbrake light is usually early signs of alternator failue, the alternator has a vacuum pump on the back of it, also check pressure switch on servo.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts