Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,wondering if anyone know's where i can locate a workshop manual for my xt?

as i'm needing to adjust my hand brake again. done the adjust @ the shoe's and the cable @ the axle, but dont know how to get at the h/brake lever itself as i dont want to vandalise the centre consul, any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi Cookyxt not sure about manual but if you want to adjust the cable get a 10mm 1/4 drive socket it needs to be a deep socket and a extension about 3 inchs long now tape the socket on to the ext bar as best as you can so it will not come off easy. the adjuster it on the left side of the handbrake lever now push down the leather boot were it sit on the handle it self and your be able to pust the socket in side it take a bit to fine but this will save you take the centre console apart hope it get what i mean and good luck and be careful not to loss your socket :) goodluck

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
CHEER'S MR B, SOUND'S EASY ENOUGH DO YOU MEAN PUSH THE GATER/BOOT AWAY FROM THE CENTRE CONSOL, OR PUSH IT DOWN FROM THE RUBBER GRIP ON THE H/BRAKE LEVER ITSELF TO GET ACCESS.

CHEER'S IAN

·
Registered
16 Posts
just push it down from the rubber grip on the h/brake level itself its a bit tight that why tape your socket on because you might push it of on the way out also be careful when adjusting if you do it to much they can bind which will give you a vibration while driving well hope it helps :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cheer's for that mr b, i'll give that a go, just was'nt very sure what end of the boot you ment but it's clear now,

thank's again,Imight try ebay for the manual

cheer's Ian

1 - 6 of 6 Posts