Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi anyone had this problem during lock down my hand brake stuck on I had to drive in reverse just rocking the car it went with a bang but released I took car to garage to have it checked told needed new shoes had them fitted but since the hand brake holds fine when pointing up hill but roles away down hill garage as tried adjusting but same now say need new discs

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
yes this is not unusual for any car that sits for a while with the handbrake engaged.
this sounds like the first diagnose was not complete. The disks should not contribute to the hand brake now being uni-directional, drums could.

you mentioned shoes, is the handbrake drum type inside the disk?
could be possible that the drums are worn to the maximum allowable I.D. and that was not spotted prior to the first fix.

to avoid a sticking brake, leave the hand brake off if you can, if the car is in storage. chocks around the tyres instead.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have had new disks new pads and new shoes hoping this would sort the problem but no still rolls forward but works great backwards can't think of anything else any thoughts cheers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.