Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone any experience with this function. Have tried it a couple of times since I bought the car last week (new Cee'd 3 - 1.6 diesel) and it seems to roll back immediately when I take my foot off the brake on a slight incline.I was given to understand that there should be a two second delay before that happened.

·
Registered
662 Posts
what happened to the skill in driving, clutch control !
next thing you will be telling me is that they make some sort of car where there is no need to change gear

The machines are taking over i tell you

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you cannot reply constructively then I wouldn't bother in future. I thought this forum was for fellow Kia owners to pass on advice when asked , not criticism

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry, forgot my manners then. That reply was directed at Viking Paul. Thanks to SuttonSeven for the quality of reply I was expecting on this forum

·
Registered
109 Posts
I find it works on most slopes on my Sportage. Tend not to rely on it thou. Was better on my Laguna which had a switch for the hand brake and switched off as you drove off - the only thing I miss about it!

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Never noticed ours grab when reversing.
The switch on the Laguna was not a Hill Start Assist, its just an electric handbrake, never had one but people at work have had problems with them on VW's and Ford's, best avoided.

Paul

·
Registered
109 Posts
I agree it was just a switched handbrake but had the same effect with the exception that you didn't need to take the handbrake off - you just drove away. rubbish for handbrake turns thou

Never had a problem with the Laguna but then I only had it for a couple of years - the build quality was a little poor - lots of noises when there shouldn't have been from headrests and a mysterious noise from the dash as you drove along. There endeth my relationship with Renault after 12 years!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts