Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone.

I have a strange gurgling noise that happens just after I start the engine? It almost sounds like it's coming from the glove box area. It lasts for about 1 second when the car has been stood for a while and then around 1/2 second once the car has been stopped and started a few times, but it happens everytime I start the engine.

There are no warning lights on, and the car appears to be running normaly with no loss of power.

It is a 1.4 diesel Ecodynamic Rio

Anyone know what is causing this?

·
Registered
Fusion white 2014 Proceed GT Tech
973 Posts
Is your Rio fitted with aircondtioning? Does the heating work as it should? And, how does the water level look in your header tank?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is your Rio fitted with aircondtioning? Does the heating work as it should? And, how does the water level look in your header tank?
Hi.
The heater works ok, but the air con is barely cold, I've not checked the header tank, i'll do that today. Do think it could be a problem with the air con then? It's never been realy cold, but it's def a lot warmer now?

·
Registered
Fusion white 2014 Proceed GT Tech
973 Posts
If the heater is working OK, it's likely the noise isn't air trapped in the cooling system because it has run low on coolant (but not discounting it completely).

So, yes, it sounds more likely that it is your air-conditioning. If it isn't blowing very cold then it is probably time for a re-gas. It shouldn't cost too much (all relative, I know), especially if you can find a mobile unit to come to you. Any good service will check for leaks first, but if you don't use the aircon all the time it is normal for the refrigerant to leak away.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts