Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Decent, balanced article. Worth a read. Will probably be online soon, if not already.

The conclusion is not a surprise to me as I researched for ages before buying the Stinger, but it’s good to know others agree with our view that it’s hard to beat, right??

😉

·
Registered
459 Posts
Will take a read! I think most people think the Stinger is top of the line. Interestingly, the worst review I've seen was by Jason Plato on Fifth Gear - guess there's always some personal preference in the review.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep, the Plato review was poor, but he is a racing car driver and the Stinger is definitely a GT car, and a heavy one at that. It was on a tight circuit too if I remember correctly - Anglesey?

Ironically, it’s the weight that helps it feel so settled and comfortable in Eco - also helped by the long wheel base and compliant adaptive dampers!

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, that’s an interesting video.

I do like the fact that the GTS is rare. The opposite of Audi or BMW which are just everywhere.
Whether that helps with residuals over time, we’ll have to see.

It does seem increasingly likely that there won’t be a second gen Stinger though. So what do I buy when mine wears out!! ?

·
Registered
459 Posts
It's a good question. Other than going German, I can't think of a lot else. I had better start saving!

Having said that, I intend to keep mine for the term of the warranty. By then, the electric options should be a lot better, so I'll probably be considering one of those. Suppose that could still be German, but there's that American brand which would have to be on the short list too!

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, agree. If I don’t keep mine for most of the warranty, Mrs Dunc will not be impressed.

And, yes, probably electric next. Better enjoy the V6 🎼 🎧 while it lasts!

·
Registered
459 Posts
Totally in the same boat. Mrs Banzi is all over the depreciation and likes to get the cost per year down by keeping the cars for lengthy stretches! I'm fine with that as long as I have a car that I enjoy.

I think perhaps that having sound as a element of driving enjoyment will die out as more and more people go electric. But if I'm honest, I really think that eventually driving it's self will become something for hobbyists on private land only once cars become autonomous and humans driving is considered too dangerous and made illegal!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts