Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys, first post so please be gentle :)

My wife has just got a 2016 Sportage 3 and its a great bit of kit. She wants the GT Line flat bottom steering wheel; is it possible to swap with our existing wheel and use the same airbag? I have seen a few GT Line wheels on ebay that have the same button layout as ours. I have searched the forum and google anf can't find anything definitive and would really appreciate your input
many thanks

·
Registered
2017 Sportage GT Line S - 1.6T DCT
411 Posts
Not done it on the Kia but done steering wheel swaps on plenty of other brands and usually it's just a straightforward straight swap.
Just make sure the wheel comes from a same model year, as sometimes there can be CANBUS changes between years and then the switches might not work properly.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank for your help. Yeah i have done plenty of swaps on Audi and as you say it's pretty straightforward. We have never had a Kia before so I was just checking there is no known problems with swapping.

·
Banned
666 Posts
Nice, I'd definitely go for that if we weren't so close to the car going back (lease).

·
Registered
2017 Sportage GT Line S - 1.6T DCT
411 Posts
You have replied to a post that's over a year old. The OP hasn't been seen on this forum in almost 1 year.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts