Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

First time posting, and soon to be owner of GTLine S
(Although the delivery lead times seems a bit of a wait yet 馃)

Could anyone please tell me the max size of USB stick that can be used to put mp3 files on,

Thanks

TT

Registered
Xceed phev
I think the max number of audio files the head unit can accept is 6000. So it depends on the size of your audio files. I have used upto 128GB without any issues. Also remember that the head unit can also play flac audio files which are larger and the newer units can play video as well.

Super Moderator
I've use a 128GB but as far as I know there is no memory size limit. However there is a limit to the number of tracks, the Kia system only reads a maximum of 6000 tracks.

Edited for typo.

Registered
Hi

First time posting, and soon to be owner of GTLine S
(Although the delivery lead times seems a bit of a wait yet )

Could anyone please tell me the max size of USB stick that can be used to put mp3 files on,

Thanks

TT
As you're getting a GT Line S it will have the JBL head unit. FLAC files sound great on the JBL, but are much larger files. If you can, get a bigger USB stick, copy your music as FLAC files and really enjoy the sound, much better quality than mp3.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Super Moderator
As you're getting a GT Line S it will have the JBL head unit. FLAC files sound great on the JBL, but are much larger files. If you can, get a bigger USB stick, copy your music as FLAC files and really enjoy the sound, much better quality than mp3.

Even if you have the standard head unit FLAC files sound much better, more depth to the sound, in my opinion.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Even if you have the standard head unit FLAC files sound much better, more depth to the sound, in my opinion.

Hi All,

Many thanks for the prompt and informative replies, I already have some of my music in flac format, I will be really interested to hear how they sound, I might just risk it and buy a 250gb usb pen

I would let you know how I get on, but delivery for the car seems to be sometime around July

thanks

Trev

Registered
Hi All,

Many thanks for the prompt and informative replies, I already have some of my music in flac format, I will be really interested to hear how they sound, I might just risk it and buy a 250gb usb pen

I would let you know how I get on, but delivery for the car seems to be sometime around July

thanks

Trev
I've got 3,500 flac files on a 128Gb stick with some room left over. They sound much better than the mp3s I had before.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.