Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Quite a digestible review - thanks for posting. Dan picks up the DAB issue but doesn’t mention having any CarPlay issues - which is good. He mentions self parking and I think he means the remote key driven straight back and forth ability to move the car. Otherwise I think he’s given a balanced and favourable review.

·
Registered
2022 White GT-line S PHEV AWD
36 Posts
Regarding his review of the Harman Kardon speakers, I have to say there is no difference for me between quality when on DAB vs music from the phone. Both equally as poor. I'm really surprised that a car of this cost and trim level has such poor quality sound. The worst I have experienced on any of my cars over the last few years. Incidentally, m 2018 Mini Cooper has a HK sound system which is much better.

·
Registered
21 Posts
DAB RADIO. This is the first 2022 Sportage review I’ve seen that mentions and acknowledges poor DAB radio reception which seems to be prevalent across the range especially on the GT Line S. I have the hybrid version also and DAB reception is atrocious, there are no stations that hold the DAB signal and many popular stations are just not available. Sometimes I think I’ve found a good station but all that’s happened is it’s switched over automatically to FM. My location in North East has excellent DAB reception, all my previous cars and other Kias I’ve driven had faultless DAB.
I know there is a separate DAB thread but no one has yet reported a solution and we don’t even know if Kia accept there is an issue, but my dealer has confirmed and reported there is a real problem. I’ve had a new antenna on order for 4 months but I’m not expecting it to help if/when it arrives. I know someone who took delivery of the same model a few days ago and he is already complaining about DAB.
Does anyone have any news or views on the issue?

·
Registered
2022 White GT-line S PHEV AWD
36 Posts
DAB RADIO. This is the first 2022 Sportage review I’ve seen that mentions and acknowledges poor DAB radio reception which seems to be prevalent across the range especially on the GT Line S. I have the hybrid version also and DAB reception is atrocious, there are no stations that hold the DAB signal and many popular stations are just not available. Sometimes I think I’ve found a good station but all that’s happened is it’s switched over automatically to FM. My location in North East has excellent DAB reception, all my previous cars and other Kias I’ve driven had faultless DAB.
I know there is a separate DAB thread but no one has yet reported a solution and we don’t even know if Kia accept there is an issue, but my dealer has confirmed and reported there is a real problem. I’ve had a new antenna on order for 4 months but I’m not expecting it to help if/when it arrives. I know someone who took delivery of the same model a few days ago and he is already complaining about DAB.
Does anyone have any news or views on the issue?
I have the PHEV GT-line, which is the top spec in Switzerland (equiv to GT-line S in UK). My DAB reception is absolutely fine, but the station list is not as extensive as I had on my Qashqai.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
@gilders Thanks for spotting that! As a PHEV driver which DOES use the battery for shorter journeys, I can't really tell why there are 2 models, the 12v and 48v battery assisted ICE cars.......
The PHEV is a bridge to full EV whereas the HEV's are just improving the ICE mpg.
But that's my personal view and not being derogatory to HEV owners :)
I don't want to start any Flame War, it's an opinion.

Reactions: gilders

·
Registered
On order (17th Feb): 2022 Sportage GT-Line S HEV in Penta Grey with black roof.
278 Posts
I would think that in relation to the 6 speed auto box, unless you like to drive everywhere like Verstappen fending off Hamilton , then in everyday driving it’ll be fine.
In the one I test drove I found it perfectly ok.

Reactions: Pete74

·
Registered
on order GTs hybrid 4wd
433 Posts
@gilders Thanks for spotting that! As a PHEV driver which DOES use the battery for shorter journeys, I can't really tell why there are 2 models, the 12v and 48v battery assisted ICE cars.......
The PHEV is a bridge to full EV whereas the HEV's are just improving the ICE mpg.
But that's my personal view and not being derogatory to HEV owners :)
I don't want to start any Flame War, it's an opinion.
Hev also gives you another 80ps in power it uses a 180ps ice not available in a Sportage only Tucson..

·
Registered
On Order: Sportage GT Line S PHEV in Infra Red
410 Posts
Anyone else notice that his Apple Carplay was full screen?

Or is it just Android Auto that didnt use the whole screen? Has Carplay always used the full screen?

Tire Wheel Vehicle Gadget Flat panel display

·
Registered
On order (17th Feb): 2022 Sportage GT-Line S HEV in Penta Grey with black roof.
278 Posts
Yes, I did see another video where they said that it’s only Carplay that runs full screen.
It’s the same as the EV6, here’s a video that shows it running……
Android Auto in a Kia

Reactions: dhb
1 - 13 of 13 Posts