Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hardly anything coming through vents yesterday!

I drive with a/c on all the time. Past few days locally the weather has been such I have had fan set 1 or 2, and temp dial just into the blue.

Pretty much same weather yesterday so set to same. But found need to change fan to 3, then 4 before realising hardly any air was coming through. What did was cold as requested, fan making plenty of noise, vents on the dash were open. tried redirecting to feet, windscreen etc, no joy :-/

On return journey, everything was back to normal!

Anyone any clues?

·
Registered
434 Posts
No issues here but mine is a manual setup. Is yours climate control version?

I would try it on recirc mode and see if it still does it!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No issues here but mine is a manual setup. Is yours climate control version?

I would try it on recirc mode and see if it still does it!
mines manual

it is ok now, just wondering whether it has some odd mode, or if it was a fault (intermittent). Just a one off (that I've noticed) so far

·
Registered
156 Posts
Have the same setup as yours Twelve. Can’t say I’ve noticed anything like this and I’ve had the ac on all summer (On as in switching it on each time of course)

Hopefully it’s just an odd one off problem as you say

·
Registered
434 Posts
It must be rough for you guys to need your aircon on at 20 degrees, I wait till >35 degrees! hahahhaha

·
Registered
156 Posts
:p

It‘s been 28 to 30+ here at times this year, more than enough for us limeys 🥵

·
Registered
434 Posts
Those iconic handkerchiefs on the head must be getting a good old workout!;)

It will be 30 here on Thursday and just another mild spring day.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
It must be rough for you guys to need your aircon on at 20 degrees, I wait till >35 degrees! hahahhaha
Depends on the humidity. I was in Kalbarri when it was 42.5ºC it was livable. I was in Singapore when it was 22ºC and it was horrible.

·
Registered
104 Posts

Anyone any clues?
I suppose you should double check the cabin filter just to verify it has not clogged up for some reason (or that there might be an obstruction on the inlet side of the filter). I realise your car is fairly new but it would still be a sensible and simple thing to check off.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Going to recirc would help identify this next time it happens if OP does not to try to pull his car apart!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Recirc option it is!

I'll give the dealer a call too.

Thanks for inputs folks

·
Registered
62 Posts
If you need cool air on your face to keep you awake, you really should not be driving - an accident waiting to happen!

·
Registered
21 Posts

I drive with a/c on all the time. Past few days locally the weather has been such I have had fan set 1 or 2, and temp dial just into the blue.

Pretty much same weather yesterday so set to same. But found need to change fan to 3, then 4 before realising hardly any air was coming through. What did was cold as requested, fan making plenty of noise, vents on the dash were open. tried redirecting to feet, windscreen etc, no joy :-/

On return journey, everything was back to normal!

Anyone any clues?
I had possibly a similar situation a couple of months ago where I drove through heavy rain and cold weather at the start of a 3h+ drive, after a couple of hours the weather had improved and was warm/sunny. At this point the AC started to blow less and less, yet the temperature of the air was cold. Eventually hardly any cold air was coming out the vents then eventually ice particles were coming out through the vents. I turned the AC off and cold air continued to come out, as if the system was frozen inside. I think the AC system doesn't drain properly/condensate stays in the system and freezes. Also, around this time of year where the weather is changeable I have rivers of water running down the interior windows (far more than any other car I've owned) which also makes.me.think the system doesn't drain properly along with never really having puddles of condensate under the car during humid/warm weather.

This may be what happened to you causing poor air flow.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I had possibly a similar situation a couple of months ago where I drove through heavy rain and cold weather at the start of a 3h+ drive, after a couple of hours the weather had improved and was warm/sunny. At this point the AC started to blow less and less, yet the temperature of the air was cold. Eventually hardly any cold air was coming out the vents then eventually ice particles were coming out through the vents. I turned the AC off and cold air continued to come out, as if the system was frozen inside. I think the AC system doesn't drain properly/condensate stays in the system and freezes. Also, around this time of year where the weather is changeable I have rivers of water running down the interior windows (far more than any other car I've owned) which also makes.me.think the system doesn't drain properly along with never really having puddles of condensate under the car during humid/warm weather.

This may be what happened to you causing poor air flow.
Thanks, that's quite possible. On that day I left the car parked for a few hours and when I drove again it was back to normal. Some ice could have melted in that time...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts