Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone

Had my Pro-Ceed GT Tech for about 6 months now, loving the car, only problems I have encountered so far was the proximity key wouldn't unlock the doors when stood almost touching the door. this was fixed with a change of battery as I expected however since then the boot can only be opened by either unlocking the car first and then opening the boot or holding the boot button on the key fob. before the battery change it used to open without the need of the buttons or unlocking the doors first. Has anyone else encountered this problem or know of a fix for it, can get a bit annoying having to go through pockets to find the key or walk back around the car.

Many thanks

Dan

·
Registered
Fusion white 2014 Proceed GT Tech
973 Posts
Hi Everyone

Had my Pro-Ceed GT Tech for about 6 months now, loving the car, only problems I have encountered so far was the proximity key wouldn't unlock the doors when stood almost touching the door. this was fixed with a change of battery as I expected however since then the boot can only be opened by either unlocking the car first and then opening the boot or holding the boot button on the key fob. before the battery change it used to open without the need of the buttons or unlocking the doors first. Has anyone else encountered this problem or know of a fix for it, can get a bit annoying having to go through pockets to find the key or walk back around the car.

Many thanks

Dan
Hi Dan, welcome.

Like Roger says, it's a reported problem. My GT has started doing this in the last few weeks, I don't know if it's water, cold or just a weak component. Not rushing myself, I'll get it sorted next time I get it serviced. So nice to have a 7 year warranty! :grin:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just a quick update, had the car serviced on tuesday, they couldn't fix the problem during the service because they have to strip the boot out and part of the front. But hey its under warranty so will get it fixed eventually. Not like it effects the driving or anything so no rush to get it fixed ahaha.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Just a quick update, had the car serviced on tuesday, they couldn't fix the problem during the service because they have to strip the boot out and part of the front. But hey its under warranty so will get it fixed eventually. Not like it effects the driving or anything so no rush to get it fixed ahaha.
That's a bit weird: sounds more complicated than the fault I had. Had mine sorted out about a month ago, and that took about an hour. The offender was identified at my last service as the unit in the attached picture. It's behind the bumper up at the cill level of the boot, so very easily accessible.

Annoyingly - despite knowing about it at the previous service - I had to take it in for a separate visit after my last service to get it fixed (at least there was no quibbling over the warranty!). Cynically, I suggest your dealer didn't have a receiver in stock...

Attachments

·
Registered
946 Posts
My ceed goes in on Thursday for service, boot antenna check and drivers seat foam loss. The service guy said they won't do boot same day, investigation first then have to order part so I wouldn't say you were being cynical at all! Also been told not to hoover car as they need all the evidence possible for seat claim.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Not long back from my third service and very happy. Cracking place Triangle Kia, in Chesterfield. Perfect customer service, really easy to deal with and on their way to sorting both problems. Antenna ordered for the boot and seat base as well (possibly both). They're being fitted at the end of the month but only because I couldn't do next week.

·
Registered
Kia cee'd 1.6 crdi 2013
11 Posts
The offender was identified at my last service as the unit in the attached picture. It's behind the bumper up at the cill level of the boot, so very easily accessible.
Is this the antenna that is located inside the bumper (Exterior Bumper Antenna), or the one that is inside the trunk (Trunk/Tailgate Antenna)?

·
Registered
973 Posts
Is this the antenna that is located inside the bumper (Exterior Bumper Antenna), or the one that is inside the trunk (Trunk/Tailgate Antenna)?
Haha, just replied to your other post!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.