Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's a bunch of grumpy SOUL drivers I got around here. You can flash em, wave, honk, smile......I've even been hanging out the window and......nothing. I passed a Shaker going the other way yesterday, gave her a quick flash....(and the next thing I know, I was being arrested....
).....Come onpeeps, gimmee a wave mun......it's CHRISTMAS.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Some how I don't think the Kia has the wave factor of lets say the Lotus Elise owners who always wave at each other or the Subaru Impreza Turbo owners, but if I ever see a Soul owner I try and make eye contact and give a smile and a nod but so far only one Tempest driver who looked at me as if to say "whats a young chap in his early thirties doing driving a Kia Soul" Oh well we do try and if I see you Taffy I will give you a wave

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Down here mka, it's the youngsters looking at me and saying "what's an old farty like you doing in a Soul" - I'm only 50 mun......miserable bunch I tell you. I know I'm shy & retiring but.....

·
Registered
43 Posts
Each to there own Taffy thats what I say, those that have a real interest in these cars are normaly club members that stretch far and wide, but then there are those who are shy or just a little unsure so don't want to take the chance of embarrassing themselves, never mind eh!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
It's much the same down here in Plymouth. Mind you, I've only seen 3 other Souls on the road since I got mine in July. Only 1 waved back. Quite disappointing really considering what a great bunch frequent this forum.

I hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas and a Happy, Prosperous and traffic ticket free New Year.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Always wave to me fellow Soulist,s, some wave and others look stunned and probely wonder what (what the hell is he waving at). Anyroad everyone have a cracker of a xmas, and you Taff have a nice break.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Very friendy in Yorkshire in fact now we have moved to East Yorkshire they are even more so , have a great Christmas everyone and all the best for the New Year.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hey Taff, I've only joined recently and bought a 2010 Shaker 3 wks ago. Know what you mean, there are two around my area who I have flashed continually with no reaction.
Think I'll try a different flash next time!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Whatever you said Taff, I'll have two pints of it.
Have a really great holiday. Merry Christmas and a great 2012 to you.

And, to all the Soul gang on here, Merry Christmas and a healthy New year to you.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Well, beat me about the bottom with a wet lettuce! Yesterday, I swung into my local Tesco here in Plymouth and blow be if I didn't spot an 11 plate Tempest. When the passengers saw me, I was waved into the parking space next to theirs and we had a lovely chat. So, it seems there are at least 2 friendly natives down this end of the world, and we both drive 11 plate tempests.

Oh, and we both share similar interests .... Spooky.

Edited by: Styxx

·
Registered
49 Posts
Well Styxx, must be a Blackadder fan for a start! Mind you, I actually got a wave from a Soulie two days ago - must be Christmas. Wow!Car 'aint bad but local owners leave a lot to be desired.
Ah well, don't drink too much gang, they're getting hot round here.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Yes the majority of Soul owners are miserable! Even Reliant 3 pin plug drivers wave to each other and when I'm riding my motorbike you are being acknowledged all the time by fellow bikers. It will never be the same for us.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts