Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Ceed '07 CRDI LS and when i start the car, just before the engine fires up, there is a loud grinding noise which is similar to the noise you used to get on old tv's when you had no tv reception. (You would get a static black/white granular picture and a loud grinding noise). Sorry for the odd description of the noise but it's all i could think off.

The noise happens just before the engine fires up andjust after theengine cranking over. It never fails to start up, but the noise makes the car sound like it's about to blow up!

Does this sound like a starter motor problem to anyone and if so, would it be covered by my warranty? I'm still within the '5yr bumper to bumper' part of the 7yr warranty.

Thanks for any help.

Mike

·
Registered
682 Posts
Hi Mike

As you are still in the warrenty period, I would get Kia to have a look at it, sounds like the starter motor? but if left could do damage to the ring gear!!!

Bob

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bob,

Thanks for the advice. I have onlyheard bad things about the customer service from Kia, especially relating to warranty claims,so i'm slightly apprehensive about handing it over. BUT at the end of the day, it is under warranty. I'll get it to my nearest Kia garage as soon as i can and will report back.

Thanks again for your help!

Mike

1 - 3 of 3 Posts