Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.
I own a 2012 Kia Sportage and at times the front brakes sound like they are grinding as if the pads are rubbing against the brake discs. I have had the car into my local garage on more than one occasion but they cannot find anything wrong with it.
It happens when I use the brakes a lot like when in hilly areas and really is concerning. If I stop for a few minutes the brakes are fine again.
Has anybody had this problem or maybe any ideas what is causing it.
Thanks

Super Moderator
I'll move this to 2012 Sportage as out of warranty, etc but some other owner may know.
(Sounds like brakes overheating so would change pads and maybe discs - and avoid steep hills. 馃槙 馃

Registered
If it鈥檚 still on the OE pads and disks, it鈥檚 normal.

Mine did it from new and I think there were some threads on here about it - I think it鈥檚 just the pad compound Kia choose.

So long as everything is OK and a brake expert has confirmed that to be the case, don鈥檛 worry about it (y)

WD(y)

Registered
Hi all.
I own a 2012 Kia Sportage and at times the front brakes sound like they are grinding as if the pads are rubbing against the brake discs. I have had the car into my local garage on more than one occasion but they cannot find anything wrong with it.
It happens when I use the brakes a lot like when in hilly areas and really is concerning. If I stop for a few minutes the brakes are fine again.
Has anybody had this problem or maybe any ideas what is causing it.
Thanks

That is exactly what brake pads do in order to achieve a braking effect. Sometimes I get a grinding sound but this is only if the car has been unused for a while - it's the corrosion build up on the discs but that goes off after the first one or two aplications of the brakes,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts