Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick hello from down in the deep South. About 3 years ago I was looking for a good caravan towcar, and as part of my work was asked to go to Spain and drive a 2007 Sorento and twin-axle caravan back to UK. To say I was impressed with the car was an understatement, so off I went to my local Kia dealer to look at their stock. The Sorentos were all still out of my price range, but my wife came home as proud owner of a brand new Rio 2 1.5 diesel. What a car! We've had it just under 3 years now and it's been faultless, frugal and fun! Meanwhile I've been towing with a 2006 Volvo V70, another worthy towcar.
I decided I needed something with a bit more carrying capacity which could still tow a caravan, and a friend suggested I look at the Kia Carens. I did lots of research, including Autotrader's website, then discovered this forum. I spent ages looking fora Carenslocally (They don't seem that numerous!), and eventually found one at Fine Cars, Gosport. Went down to have a look, and guess what... collected it yesterday.
Early days but a great car so far. Definitely a worthy follower to the Volvo! Took my 'drummer' son to a gig last night, seats down, got a full PA system, guitar amp, bass amp, guitars,loads of odds and sods as well as a full size rock drumkit in the back and still had room for the drummer... excellent! Out for a run today and very impressed. If it's as good as wifey's Rio 2(which I've no reason to doubt), I'm looking forward to someenjoyable motoring!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts