Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi I am Christopher P I am on my second KIA Sportage getting my new style model in mid February 2022. Sadly all is not well. I had driven just 998 miles which consisted of some urban mile but two trips to Manchester airport and back which added approximately 240 mile plus a trip to Ashbourne and back 70 miles and a 145 mile trip to Carlisle where the issue of the exhaust GPF filter warning light illumination developed at 998 miles.
I then drove around 60 miles around the Lakes and then another 130 miles home at over 3000 rpm. The light was still on when I returned home..I have spent three weeks trying to get the light off.
I visited the KIA dealership in Stafford and was horrified at the comments and attitude of the guy on the service reception desk he was very dismissive of my concerns and said it could not possibly be a problem with a faulty filter? I thought that was an odd thing to say to a customer and he offered me no help with any solution or inspection for my 12 week old car that clearly has an obvious fault. He went on to tell me now the light had been on for so long it would be difficult to get off? Another odd thing to say without offering a solution. He added it can often happen after 1k miles depending on driving style? He mentioned a lot of urban driving is the issue?
My history since purchasing this car is anything but urban. He told me the car can and will eventually go into limp mode and there is a substantial charge to put this right. I then spoke to my sales person who called a service engineer who advised a route to drive of around 15 miles and that I should drive in 3rd gear and about 3500rpm I have driven the said route 3 times plus approximately 80 miles up and down a 15 mile stretch of the motorway.
I have used over half a tank of fuel driving aimlessly and for nothing as the light is still on. The car also is not running smoothly and the engine judders from time to time. Not at all happy with this new February 2022 KIA Sportage (new model) with my previous KIA Sportage I have two and a half years trouble free motoring and now I have a car that is not running well and I am told this issue is chargeable and not covered under warranty?
Shock horror how can a clearly faulty Petrol Particulate filter not be covered?? KIA seem to have a filter that is not fit for purpose as I see this has been an issue for a number of owners of the new model Sportage… My driving style for the first 998 miles of my new cars life should not have caused my car to develop this issue. Any helpful advice would be most appreciated as I am not a happy bunny

(Edited to break up the wall of text to make it easier to read - iooi)

·
Registered
Ordered (Mid March) Sportage (Mk 5) GT Line S 1.6 T GDi HEV Infra Red/black roof
15 Posts
Can we change the title of the thread then please? With it showing DPF people will be ignoring it thinking it’s talking about a diesel.

·
Super Moderator
9,536 Posts
So is this a Gen 5 model?

Even if it was a older model, then with such low mileage there is a issue with the PPF. I would raise a complaint with dealer to get Kia tech involved.
If no joy then contact KCS on the issue.

Kia Customer Service
0333 202 2990

Visit Discover Our Kia Range & Find A Local Dealer | Kia Motors UK
Follow https://twitter.com/KiaUK
Join in www.facebook.com/kiamotorsuk
Watch www.youtube.com/kiamotorsuk

Customer Service opening hours:

Monday to Friday: 08:30 - 19:00
Saturday: 09:00 - 13:00
Sunday: Closed

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
So is this a Gen 5 model?

Even if it was a older model, then with such low mileage there is a issue with the PPF. I would raise a complaint with dealer to get Kia tech involved.
If no joy then contact KCS on the issue.

Kia Customer Service
0333 202 2990

Visit Discover Our Kia Range & Find A Local Dealer | Kia Motors UK
Follow https://twitter.com/KiaUK
Join in www.facebook.com/kiamotorsuk
Watch www.youtube.com/kiamotorsuk

Customer Service opening hours:

Monday to Friday: 08:30 - 19:00
Saturday: 09:00 - 13:00
Sunday: Closed
It’s is the brand new model KIA Sportage registered mid February 2022…I have now covered over 600 miles with the warning light on and all attempts to resolve it by driving have failed… I have asked Stafford KIA for a face to face meeting with the dealership manager. I am now awaiting their response but the attitude of the service department receptionist was dismissive and unhelpful. When I suggested the part might be faulty he seemed to imply that it was my issue and not anything to do with the functioning of the part.. He clearly stated that this issue was not covered under the manufactures warranty and made no suggestions about how I was going to resolve the issue? He stated this is chargeable and that if the car went into limp mode I would be left without a car to drive? Not what you expect to hear from a dealership where you have just purchased your second brand new KIA. This guy was rude and as he spoke to me he continued to look at some screen in front of him and he seemed totally unconcerned about the difficulty I was having with my car.

·
Registered
on order GTs hybrid 4wd
304 Posts
It’s is the brand new model KIA Sportage registered mid February 2021… Over I have now covered over 600 miles with the warning light on and all attempts to resolve it by driving have failed… I have asked Stafford KIA for a face to face meeting with the dealership manager. I am now awaiting their response but the attitude of the service department receptionist was dismissed, unhelpful and when I suggested the part might be faulty he seemed to imply that it was my issue and not anything to do with the functioning of the part.. He made no suggestions about how I was going to resolve the issue and that if the car went into limp mode I would be left without a car to drive? Not what you expect to hear from a dealership where you have just purchased your second brand new KIA
So a generation four?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
So a generation four?
It was registered in February 2022, I really don’t know how many have come before I drove a Range Rover Evoque for 10 years up until 2019 when I brought the first of my two Sportage’s. This experience has been a complete nightmare I have drive over 600 pointless miles trying to regenerate the exhaust and I have followed the instructions in the handbook and the instructions of the KIA engineer at Stafford KIA. I am going to discuss this issue with KIA customer services while I wait for contact from KIA Stafford in respect of my request for a face to face meeting with the manager

·
Registered
On Order: Sportage GT Line S PHEV in Infra Red
227 Posts
KIA Sportage registered mid February 2021
If it was registered back in 2021 then its a Gen 4 model and this section is for Gen 5 models. There is a specific section on here for your model and you might get better help looking on there.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Did you mean you've had the car, the latest Gen 5 version with "boomerang" running lights since Feb 2022? covering 600 miles, or is this the previous model 2016-2021 Gen 4, with the tiger nose and grouped DRL's since Feb 2021, as you state? Mods can move if you have the PREVIOUS Gen 4 into the correct sub forum (or perhaps best if you post "fresh" there yourself.
I didn't think there were any Gen 5's in public hands, only demonstrators, in Feb 2022.
But if you've only covered 600 miles from new in a Gen 4 it's still a problem to raise as advised by iooi Post #8

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Did you mean you've had the car, the latest Gen 5 version with "boomerang" running lights since Feb 2022? covering 600 miles, or is this the previous model 2016-2021 Gen 4, with the tiger nose and grouped DRL's since Feb 2021, as you state? Mods can move if you have the PREVIOUS Gen 4 into the correct sub forum (or perhaps best if you post "fresh" there yourself.
I didn't think there were any Gen 5's in public hands, only demonstrators, in Feb 2022.
But if you've only covered 600 miles from new in a Gen 4 it's still a problem to raise as advised by iooi Post #8
Yes it’s the new model with Boomerang lights. It arrive before the Stafford dealer models in mid February 2022

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yes it’s the new model with Boomerang lights. It arrive before the Stafford dealer models in mid February 2022
I had the car mid February 2022 and after 998 miles the warning light came on. The garage advised me to follow the instructions in the handbook with I already did before I contacted them The warning light came on 138 miles into a 150 mile journey up the M6. I stopped at a service station and when I drove back onto the motorway it came on? I drove another 12 miles dropped off a present for a friend and two hours later I drove 150 miles back home at 70 mph on the M6 motorway the light has not gone off since.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts