Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Changed my Sportage for a Carens on Monday 14/11/111.I think it was a good move. I felt that the Sportage was developing into a car to be wary of. As I have said before the auto stuff worked, just at the wrong times or not at all in some cases. KIA (UK) not interested as my 'contract is with the dealer'and as the faults could not be duplicated on dignostic inspection by the dealership they said they considered there were no faults. Not my problem now hopefully they will do something about itbefore selling it on.I am relieved to have got rid of it quite frankly.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
If you weren't happy with it then it's probably a good move. How do you like the parking brake on the Carens?

I'm surprised you went for another KIA though. From reading your other posts you seem to hold the firm in quite low regard.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I had a Carens before my Sportage (Mk2). The Carens is a good car and very under-rated in my opinion. In the end though I needed AWD to be able to get home in the winter (Scottish Highlands - it snows here every year). I do miss a few of the Carens features - more internal space than the Sportage, a low loading lip at the rear, loads of internal storage places, exceptional ride. I soon got used to the foot parking brake. My experiencewith the Carens encouraged my down the Sportage route when looking for AWD.

I hope the Carens is to your long term liking.

Richard

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi thear Techno, I am a retired Taxi driver, had 2 Carens in the pastboth used ascabsthey wentwent forever without any problems. Wanted a Sportage for something different, also liked the look of it. Such a shame that the car wasn't up to the mark.
Both ofCarens never needed much in the way of support, so a problem with the dealer never developed. I'm prepared to give them another chance. KIA (UK) quite frankly are a waste of rations, all they ever said was 'your contract is with the dealer, go back to them'.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
I wonder how they would respond to a second owner who may have no contract with the original dealer.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Or someone who bought online from a dealer hundreds of miles away!

·
Registered
308 Posts
mine will work fine. they pay special attention to white ones apparently

·
Registered
52 Posts
If you put an order for extra,s etc, they build it manually as the computers are not programmed for extra,s

Edited by: Grenadekid

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
When I worked at Rover, if you didn't specify a colour when ordering a new management car, it would take longer to arrive because it meant somebody inthemanagement car plan office had to make up their mind as to what colour to give you.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Lucky you,I sincerley hope it continues for you.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hopefully this reply will go to Funky from 21st Nov. No not a wind up. Glad to hear that yours is okay I hope it continues for you.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Mikerm, How about putting up reg, colour, model(if you are legally aloud to) of trouble some sportage, as i am saving for one and wouldn't like to get yours.

Edited by: xtrail3

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Just came back on the forumtoday.
Details as requested.GJ 11 WEW. Sportage 2 - KX 3. Sirius Silver. Petrol manual.
DO NOT BUY THIS CAR. IT IS A DEFINITE ROGUE,and in my opinion dangerous!!!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts