Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my wifes new Soul 1 on wednesday
Very happy with it so far, but more importantly, so is she (it is a big-birthday present). Comfortable, handles well enough, quiet on the road and everywhere we have been people stare at it!
We are on holiday in a fortnight so should put 6 or 7 hundred miles on it over two weeks - I'll let you know what I think at the end of that.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not exactly nice - we have to go up to London to visit the inlaws!
On the plus side though, on the way back we will be stopping off in Somerset for a few days to stay with friends we haven't seen for a while. These visits usually involve too much eating and drinking so are always good fun.

Incidentally, while in the showroom on wednesday I had a good look around a Tempest - first one I have seen in-the-flesh - very nice!

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
All Souls stand out on the road.....the Tempest just more so cos of the wheels. My Soul imbues me with a very sedate driving style.....just bobbing along all nice and relaxed....hope yours does the same....enjoy the trip.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
The problem with buying the wife a Soul for her birthday is that she gets the impresion that the car is hers and is reluctant to let me drive it except when she is in the car as well.For some reason she will not drive when I am in it cannot thik why.The Soul stands out from the crowd,we also have a Tempest model and we love it.I know that Tempest has had paint problems but he still loves the car which say's a lot for the Soul,I don't know of anyone who has one that does not like the car as a car irrispective of the problem they may have had with it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, my wife does not like driving - she has always said so - until now! Now she is looking for an excuse to go out for a drive, she enjoys the Soul that much.
Buying her a Soul may have been a really good move on my part, or a really bad one - it's too early to tell yet

Dave, you are correct, of course I'm not allowed to drive it.

·
Registered
99 Posts
good luck with the soul chap but i have to enquire are you a true DEVONIAN or a mouse im sure she will let you wash it or drive when she wants to drink!!

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
We have got 10k+ on the soul now since new in March but my wife does not go anywhere she tells me ! To be fair my daughter has been very ill and has to go to a hospital which is75 miles round trip and this has put most of the miles on it which is the main reason I bought it for my wife for her birthday. It has such a good range of safety features on it and we have both fallen for it though I had a look at the new Sportage at the weekend and just sitting in it was really impresive.Kia are going in the right direction ,in a few years they will be at the top of the best manufactures list.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
That new sportage looks absolutely gorgeous!!!!.......from a totally different planet to the previous one. Lets hope KIA have learned a thing or two about ride quality and how to paint their cars....cos if they have its gonna be a world beater.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Hi Tempest , the seats are so comfortable in the new sportage,it's really good though the edition one is a little bit on the pricey side at around 20kI believe.
I think the ride on the soul is not to bad and with my car as yet (fingers crossed) I have not had any paint problems.Bearing in mind the 18" wheels and fairly short wheel base it isreasonably acceptable for most driving conditions.I want to have a test drive in the new sportage to see what it's like though I cannot change my other car now ,I am thinking of retiring soon so we are just going to keep one car and that will be the Soul.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts