Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Recently a member put a post on regarding which timing belt to get for his Sedona - I recently serviced my 2006 Sedona TS and had the usual problem of sourcing service parts - ie fuel, air and oil filters. I thought I would give Eurocarparts (were offering 25% off and free delivery) a try and ordered from them. The filters are made by Ashika who make parts for Jap / Korean motors in Japan and Italy and seem to be very well madeand excellent quality. Ashika have their own website at http://www.ashika.it/enwhich has a useful catalogue section with original part no. cross references and pictures of the parts (although the Sedona is listed as a Carnival)This is my opinion only - I have no interests with Eurocarparts or Ashika but thought other members may be interested in another source of parts.

·
Registered
702 Posts
alcutler said:
Hi, Recently a member put a post on regarding which timing belt to get for his Sedona - I recently serviced my 2006 Sedona TS and had the usual problem of sourcing service parts - ie fuel, air and oil filters. I thought I would give Eurocarparts (were offering 25% off and free delivery) a try and ordered from them. The filters are made by Ashika who make parts for Jap / Korean motors in Japan and Italy and seem to be very well madeand excellent quality. Ashika have their own website at http://www.ashika.it/enwhich has a useful catalogue section with original part no. cross references and pictures of the parts (although the Sedona is listed as a Carnival)This is my opinion only - I have no interests with Eurocarparts or Ashika but thought other members may be interested in another source of parts.
Eurocarparts are as Alan says top notch for parts etc, I've used them in the past for other cars I've had and the families cars nothing seems to be too much trouble and they can be and are knowledgeable about what they are selling unlike a certain national car parts firm who have an orange logo and seem more interested in selling tents and bikes these days that car parts.

·
Registered
195 Posts
really? I had no problem sourcing service parts for my '03 just went down to my local factors, full set of filters were just over £30, fuel filter was less than £13 and is the same as used on a mondeo, all were stock parts.I think my fuel filter was ashika ( cant see cos the bracket wraps around the name) oil is a fram, cant remember the air.
I have never used any of the big "high street" car parts places, I have always found smaller motor factors (especially those that local mechanics use) to be much morecompetitivelypriced and easier to exchange parts if they are wrong, as well as being more helpful in finding the correct parts.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
timtheenchanteruk said:
really? I had no problem sourcing service parts for my '03 just went down to my local factors, full set of filters were just over £30, fuel filter was less than £13 and is the same as used on a mondeo, all were stock parts.I think my fuel filter was ashika ( cant see cos the bracket wraps around the name) oil is a fram, cant remember the air.
I have never used any of the big "high street" car parts places, I have always found smaller motor factors (especially those that local mechanics use) to be much morecompetitivelypriced and easier to exchange parts if they are wrong, as well as being more helpful in finding the correct parts.
I'm sure you can get these items from your local factors but the response I get from mine, where I get parts for several other vehicles I look after, without any problem, is that they will have to order them in, which means a second journey or having to ring them before to confirm they have got it in stock.
I ordered the parts from Eurocarparts and they were delivered free of charge next morning, which I consider to be good service. Appreciate most owners will have their own suppliers they use but thought I would mention this one to others who may be looking for an alternative.
By the way the fuel filter was £8.76 inc vat with 25% off that as a special offer, which they seem to do most weekends.

·
Registered
32 Posts
hi i use a company called Jayar components,very helpfull and if parts not on shelf will get them next day,just got front pads(sedona04 2.9crd)for just cver £18 which i think is reasonable.
robin

1 - 6 of 6 Posts