Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MININUT said:
Not much cop on a KIa though!
Do KIAs not have this interface for diagnostics then? I'd actually be quite interested in a DIY method of reading diagnostics from the car. I probably wouldn't try it until the warranty ran out on mine, but I would feel a bit more empowered with the way modern cars are going meaning you very often have to take it in to a main dealer just to find out whats wrong or have an error code 'reset'.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Yes Kia's and all modern vehicles possess this utility. What I was getting at is' the best and the most expensive code reader for kia's is the "highscan diagnostic reader". Dont get me wrong, I am not knocking other readers which work satisfactory on some vehicles. If you investigate these diagnostic code readers, the cheapest will do the basic on a few "make" of vehicle's, the more expensive - the more they do. But! they might or might not read the basics on Kia's. I have the reader mentioned worked on some 7-8 yr old vehicle's (mostly useless info on the software). Kept it on a shelf, I bring it down every now and again to clean the dust off!I have a more expensive diagnostic code reader, and that will only clear certain fault codes.
Dont be persuaded by what the sellers write up says, do your homework first!
It would be interesting to find out what other Kia owners have as diagnostic equipment, whether they work well or not?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi, have a ethos snap on code reader, it does most of the system also think you can regenerate the dfp. works well.

phil

·
Registered
536 Posts
Same, snap-on ethos. Not only does it work with my Kia but its worked with every car I've owned. Reset service warnings, ECU warnings everything. Could even adjust the ride height and firmness on my BMW. Worth every penny you spend on them. Highly recommended if you have a spare £400-£900

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.