Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am trying to buy glow plugs for my sedona but cant seem to find a listing for them i do not want to buy from main dealer as they will cost me a arm and a leg if anybody could let me have part number that would be great and how to do them would be even better

·
Registered
33 Posts
have a look on www.spark-plugs.co.uk, they don't list a Sedona but give them a call, I'm sure help will be at hand ot pop to your local Euro car parts ...
Unit 1-2, Knowle Business Park
Silverton Road, Matford Park
Exeter ,
EX2 8H

I'm sure they'll be a better price than most places. Other than that ...... try Halfords(if you really want to!!!
)

Regards,

Steve

·
Registered
10 Posts
The reason that you may not find a listing, and this isn't gospel, but a mechanic i know has said that in some cases there aren't any glow plugs fitted to some diesel engines, don't know if he was refering to my sedona or diesels in general, but i had the coil light on mine flashing, but it actually turned out to be a short circuit in the area of my turbo intercooler intake. apparently, the air can be heated of need be. Like i said, don't take this as gospel, i'm not a hundred percent sure on info. But hope it helps.

·
Registered
887 Posts
No glowplugs.
Air heater on the inlet, look at your intercooler, and the front pipe, under that is a small block with 2 wires to it, thats the air heater, another version of glowplug.

·
Registered
6 Posts
It is exactly as murphwiz says, repair the broken wires and hey presto the flashing light disappears! Thanks for that, only another 30 faults to go!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts