Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im going to change the glow plugs on my carens i hope before the cold weather sets in so has anyone done them ,and ,or can you point me in the right direction ,i have done them on a few fords before but i havent even looked to locate them on the carens it is 2005 crdi it has now done 65000mls still got the same gearbox and clutch and im just about to take it on a tour of england and wales for a holiday ,so any help lads and lassies will be greatly received and applied

·
Registered
120 Posts
I've never changed them on Mrs Rusty's Carens, butI've seen 'em and knowe where they are!

Remove the intercooler and the big plastic engine cover and you'll see them along the back of the head- they just look like normal glow plugs so you shouldn't have a problem with them. They're connected by a strip of metal rather than the usual heavy cable.

Why are you changing them though, just for the sake of it or have you got starting problems?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi mr rusty my carens is not starting as quick as it should from cold even double cold start [when cold weather]its not nearly instant i dont think they have ever been changed ,i dont think its fuel drop back, as this month its been warm and its pretty good the benefits of good plugs are better starts and less unburnt fuel, longer cat life maybe.so i will do them before september i hope, as im just getting over bad health its hard to get motivated ,so if its easy i will do it if not its my trusty mechy
thanks for the info [ a rover fan]

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well mr rusty i have located said bar and glow plugs with help from a mirror it does look as though they are well buried behind i think it might be a job for the mechy at my local garage i am geting a bit lazy in my old age i did notice a pipe off from the intercooler to throttle assembly i will see if that makes any difference before i take it in but thanks for pointing me in the right direction

1 - 4 of 4 Posts