Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Xceed First Edition PHEV
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My windscreen wipers were juddering across the glass so i replaced the blades with new ones.Still juddered.I then came across a car detailing site that highly recommended Glass Compound Z.
I'd tried various ordinary glass cleaners without any joy so I thought I'd give it a go.
It says on the instructions to wet the windscreen and dry it off first.I noticed that the water was beading on the glass as if it had wax or RainX applied.
I used the supplied pad and applied it all over making sure the glass stopped repelling the liquid until it would dry white.I then rinsed off the windscreen with a hose and a using a brand new cloth.Once the water ran down the glass it now came down in a full sheet of water instead of beading,confirming that the contaminates had been removed.The wipers now slid across the windscreen without any juddering and even when all the water had been wiped,the wipers still didn't judder or make any noise.
I am very pleased with the outcome and the product itself

·
Registered
312 Posts
I used Gyeon windscreen ceramic treatment on mine. I won't lie - the amount of preparation and making sure you had an optically perfect screen (to spectacles standard) was a right pain but the end result was worth it.

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
I have tried most fancy, overpriced window glass cleaners over the years and I find 'Halford's as good as any and it's cheap. Frankly, any cheap window cleaner that can cope with the greasy film thrown up on car windscreens is a sensible buy.

Reactions: Sad555

·
Registered
Sportage GT-Line S Hybrid on order (April 2022)
4 Posts
I have tried many glass cleaning products and have found the most effective and easiest to use is WURTH foaming glass cleaner...... I use this both inside and outside.

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
Amazed that no one has mentioned vinegar to clean the windows
It's a generation thing, I guess. Since TV became cheap enough for the masses, the population has been increasingly bombarded by imagery, designed to empty our pockets of hard-earned by purchasing everything from breakfast cereal to toothpaste to 'Cilit Bang' and thousands of other products that we had managed without before, during and after WW2.

Reactions: iooi

·
Registered
2019 Sportage 2, 1.6 (AWD) , Petrol.
9 Posts
Amazed that no one has mentioned vinegar to clean the windows. Much cheaper & usually plenty in the cupboard (y)
I agree vinegar is good at cleaning glass but it’s the ‘chip shop smell’ left in the car after cleaning glass in the cab.
Z

1 - 13 of 13 Posts