Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a brand new Picanto (2010), it's my first car but not the first I drive.
It's a petrol.

My problem is the clutch. It seems far too springy and shoots up too forcefully. The bite also seems to be too hard to catch or feel.
The problem is that I cannot do hill starts with this Picanto.
I'm a girl and blonde but I don't want to become a stereotype. I had no problems driving other cars, with this one it's like I can't drive, it's really taking away the joy of the new purchase.

The showroom guy that sold me the car also stalled it when driving it.

Anyone has the same problem? Do you think it needs to be checked by a Kia Dealer or are they all like this?

·
Registered
1 Posts
picantissima said:
I just bought a brand new Picanto (2010), it's my first car but not the first I drive.
It's a petrol.

My problem is the clutch. It seems far too springy and shoots up too forcefully. The bite also seems to be too hard to catch or feel.
The problem is that I cannot do hill starts with this Picanto.
I'm a girl and blonde but I don't want to become a stereotype. I had no problems driving other cars, with this one it's like I can't drive, it's really taking away the joy of the new purchase.

The showroom guy that sold me the car also stalled it when driving it.

Anyone has the same problem? Do you think it needs to be checked by a Kia Dealer or are they all like this?

What sort of shoes do you wear when driving? If you don't already then you could try flat bottom shoes for driving.

Don't get frustrated with it just keep practicing.

·
Registered
5 Posts
hi i have a picanto and when you pull off it just judders but put your foot a bit on the peddle it drives fine dose any1 no what this could be

·
Registered
187 Posts
You just need to take your foot of slowly and be relaxed. Mine has an issue with reverse, it does not like going in to reverse. So it is booked in on Tuesday

·
Registered
543 Posts
Picanto clutches I've found are a little bit on or off on pull aways once you've got used to them they are very easy to use , I loved my 2004 one my new one isn't as much fun to drive :/

·
Registered
682 Posts
Hi daza31

If engine management light is on, you need to have that cheched out.

Hi folks get an Auto and up grade from a prehistoric manual Ha Ha .

Bob

1 - 10 of 10 Posts