Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Niro hybrid 2022
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting via Motability a Kia Niro Hybrid ( normal one ) i wanted a phev one, but no chargers around here .. a few 7Kw ones in shops .. but thats it. spending a few grand for a home one , defeats the object .. do you have a home petrol pump ?? anyway, its level 4.. a large down payment... the reason for this is my current car is a Peugeot 3008 hybrid from 2012 ... one of the first hybrids out there .. they put a huge engine and large motor in so i get 200 bhp ... this hills etc are no problem, overtaking , no problem ...the Kia oddly has more space in teh seating rae , but less in the boot . i also have a glass roof... and not a sunroof as in the Niro .. so going from a powerful car to 136bhp. should be fun :( as long as it hills i don't mind , and overtakes ok ..

·
Super Moderator
9,426 Posts
You will enjoy the nice relaxed drive.

TBH. With a PHEV unless they are free chargers. It is not cost effective to charge while out. Petrol is cheaper than the electric.
7kW is way above the 3.6kW MAX that Niro Phev can take anyway. So the thought of using a fast charger will not make any difference to charging times. But will annoy the hell out of EV drivers 😱

Should not cost that much to get a charging point fitted at home.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.