Kia Owners Club Forum banner

Getting my second year FREE RAC cover

5K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Westcountryman 
#1 ·
I bought my Sportage in March 2020 with the offer at the time of 2 years free servicing and 2 years RAC cover,
now, 7200 miles on, have had the invitation to service and also the invitation to extend my RAC cover.
Do Kia extend it automatically or do I need to ask?

Helpline closed over the weekend somaybe have to ask next week?

Has anyone else been through this?

#2 ·
I also got my Sportage in March 2020. Just a few weeks afterwards I received a latter with Kia Roadside Assist Plus car, which specified one year cover until March 2021. I didn't query it because there was no mention of two years cover. Not long after that I received a second letter, exactly the same as the first, except this time the cover was two years until March 2022. The attached card also reflected this.

#3 ·
I obviously didn't get the second one.. I ordered my car way before the 29th feb 2020, which was the offer and it is on my order form (I asked for a physical copy and kept it) so hopefully it'll be sorted.
Incidentally, did my car on the PCP thingy with £2500 kia contribution and £2100 dealer contribution and when I paid off the pcp shortly afterwards cost me the princely sum of about £1.48 a day in interest, so by taking those contributions for buying PCP saved lots of money. For cash would not have got the same deal.

#6 ·
I couldn't make this up if I tried, so I've photographed the evidence. o_Oo_O
Bought the car March last year and a week or so later I received a letter (First Image), with cover until March 2021. That's fine with me I thought.
A month later I received a second letter (Second Image), with cover until March 2022. Bonus I thought.
Today, just a few days after replying to this thread, I received letter number three (Third Image), with cover until January 2022. Confused? I am. I wonder if they will allow me to add them together?
I forgot to mention, my home town keeps moving location, and no I don't work for the NHS.

Attachments

#7 ·
I couldn't make this up if I tried, so I've photographed the evidence. o_Oo_O
Bought the car March last year and a week or so later I received a letter (First Image), with cover until March 2021. That's fine with me I thought.
A month later I received a second letter (Second Image), with cover until March 2022. Bonus I thought.
Today, just a few days after replying to this thread, I received letter number three (Third Image), with cover until January 2022. Confused? I am. I wonder if they will allow me to add them together?
I forgot to mention, my home town keeps moving location, and no I don't work for the NHS.

enjoy it while you can,
I was given 2 years RAC Recovery when i bought my then new 2016 Sportage and got the relevant paperwork on the first year stating my 2 year cover and on the first anniversary i received a quote from RAC asking me for the next year`s premium, i phoned them and told them i have 2 years cover, they were adamant it was only for 1 year, I didn`t argue and went online and got sorted out at a more favourable price from their main competitor (AA) .

I then bought the 2019 Sportage and was told i could have 3 years breakdown cover with the RAC for an additional £199 to run on after the first year had expired, i told them not to bother, i accepted the first year as i consider somewhere along the line of buying the new vehicle i had paid for it anyway, the second year i went with DirectLine and got the same spec cover for £48 per annum!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.