Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
you know just when you start to enjoy something its taken away ,well thats how i feel about my soul.. am i sick of touching up stonechips the ones im having to do now arent even anywhere near the usual trouble spots ,and its constantly taking the fun out of owning the car, the paint on these vehicles really is shockingly sub standard , i know this topic has been done to death and i can hear the groans from the diehard defenders of the kia faith but come on! i challenge anyone not to admit its less good at staying on the car than other makes i know you will say other makers are as bad but i havent just spent umpteen grand on other makes and can only speak as i find, i dont even take the car to task its only really a second car ,heaven knows what state it would be in if i took it to work!, no as the title infers novelty has well and truly worn off im left with egg on my face and touch up on my fingers!darent think what it will be like in a couple of years but if this carries on that wont be my problem.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
I feel very sorry for you eggobako you have got the bad one there ,I have had no problems with my march 10 plate tempest model CRDi.No rattles,scratches no paint problems, engine and gear box at the moment are sweet.We have done 13k now with it so it's been used and I tend to drive cars hard anyway. I think that the build quality is ok for the money,sound system is great all in all I cannot fault it and I have had many makes of cars all from new and I used to do mega miles driving a year so they were all used a lot. What do Kia say about it ? would they be willing to rectify all your problems.I bought my wife a new VW a few years ago and it was a major headache,after 6 months they exchanged it.I also had a C3 which I bought her new in 2003 which was also a problem car in a big way and Citroen sorted that out to our satisfaction,in both cases I shouted long and load with letters to the MD in both UK and the head office.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thing is the car as a whole is spot on ,ive got a bit of bother in one area that will remain nameless for now but that is nothing really that cant be sorted under warranty, im just seriously cheesed off with the paint , its really thin ,like they have really scrimped on the amount used to spray the car i really wanted to keep the girl long term but will it be in any fit state in a couple of years ? i checked out lots of kis before committing to buying the soul and bought it on the strength of what i saw but the soul seems to be less robust paintwise than the ceeds and rios i looked at, its as if they have slipped up and maybe now are throwing a bit more paint at them but time will tell ,maybe i need to go in and start to moan a bit about the need to be touching it up every week!

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
I am getting a complex now,there's you eggo and tempest that seem to have paint problems someone mentioned a window problem and then various other bits and bobs.I have not had any problems at all,mind you that's tempting fate a bit to say that .I hope that I don't have problems but I really feel sorry for everybody that has,I have been there with other makes and it's reallycrap. I hope that you all get sorted out soon and enjoy some pain free motoring.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
The paint issues are very wide spread. I am actually driving my Soul now for a while and it is a very nice car...... its just the constant worry of knowing that each and every little "ting".... is causing a piece of paint leaving the car!!!...... and now the gritters are getting going....well....every journey is gonna be spoiled.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Ihave to say dave i'm begining to think i might have made a big error in buying this car and i haven't even got it yet.Lets hope mine is ok.

I generally don't really pay much attention to people's comments and make my own opinion. It would be nice to see a list of all thegood things as well as the bad.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
good things.
lovely looks, pleasant and easy to drive, reasonably quiet at regular speeds, nice looking dashboard, good stereo, roomy, easy car to get on with.

bad things.
poor ride on poor roads, noisy at high speeds, difficult to reverse park, paint issues.

lots more good points than bad points.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Lisa.

Go with your instimct, don't let the negatives put you off. I like to find out for myself. At the end of the day, it's a car and cars go wrong, that's life.

Look at the recent problems Ferarri had with fires, they recalled ALL of that model from around the world - don't matter if you buy cheap or expensive, things can go wrong.

Even tho the recent events have put a downer on things a bit - I still can't wait to have the car and this will be my 5th new one. I haven't looked forward to a new car more than this one.

I really wanted to promote this car but would never send anyone to the dealer I went to. I don't like being lied to, all I asked was to be kept informed.

Unnfortunatly, the dealership covers KIA/PEUGEOT/SKODA/FIAT and heard yeasterday my dad is buying a peugeot from them - tried to tell him but there you go.

The MY11 has been upgraded so enjoy it when you have it - I will

·
Registered
118 Posts
I certainly intend to enjoy my new car, as this is the first brand new one i have ever owned i'm am more than excited to get it. Hopefully 9 days and counting !!!!!!!!

I will definately make my own opinions and report back to here with what i find. If anything goes wrong god help the dealers, as i will be striaght over there demanding they sort it out.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Hi Lisa, I have not had any problems at all,I feel a little bit guilty, the ride I find is ok ,not as good as a saloon car but it will not be.My soul tempest is not to noisy and I find the parking camera more than ok.Wait until you get it you will be more than happy.
I have had many new cars in my time and not many have not had something wrong,the soul I can honestly sayhas given me no complaints at all. I once had a Rover company car that I think was haunted because you would be driving along and the electric windows would open on their own,never did sort it out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts