Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i had genuine carpet floor mats fitted at the dealerships on the day i picked up my new venga, andhave noticed a hole starting in the drivers mat where my heel rests when my foot is on the throttle.
The car/ mats have done 3000 miles.

Just wondered if anyone else is experiencing something similar, or am i misusing the mat in some way?

Also is there any sort of warranty on accessories, eg 12months?

Ive been trying the dealership on the phone,but everyone s busy.

Cheers,james.

·
Administrator
7,651 Posts
Hi James,
I got set new set off eBay...non genuine but made for Venga...just coming up to 2000 and not a sign of wear yet.
Paul

·
Registered
78 Posts
Have had three Venga's over a couple of years and all had Kia fitted mats. Covered a distance of some 24,000 miles and no wear problems whatsoever.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks,goo to compare.
I have informed the dealer,who said,hmmm should nt do that!
I would nt have minded so much if they were priced accordingly to what they actually are- small pieces of carpet probably made in china,but at near £50 for the set,i expect them to last a lot longer.
(coincidentally,genuine honda ones last about 96000 miles before a hole starts)
I ll just have to wear a shorter heel,and leave the kinky black stilhettos in the wardrobe!

To be continued.
James.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
And my genuine,kia accessories headlamp protectors fell off yesterday,despite being fitted properly and tight,they just slipped out at the bottom,only the wee clip under the bonnet stopped them from disappearing!
sigh.
James.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I ll have you know that after driving diesels for over 16 years, i cannot feel vibration anymore thank you!

Have you noticed Paul if your roof slides back in one continious process when you pull the button back, or does it do what mine does and nudge a few times until you presevere with the button and it finally goes all the way back.
I cant make my mind up if i either have a dodgy switch,or its programmed to do a similar sequence as it does when closing, eg,slides closed 3/4 s of the way then stops,then you have to do the rest manually.
James.

·
Administrator
7,651 Posts
Hi James,
Mines the same...as you rightly say its like the closing sequence 'pause' but for opening. I can understand the closing 'pause' for safety reasons but clearly theres a reason for the opening pause too...only Kia know that!

Oh, sorry to hear you arms have lost senasation over the years from the vibrations fromdriving lorry engined cars...

Paul...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts