Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
I purchased a Kia Ceed 1.4 sr7 about 1 month ago and am so far enjoying the experience. It is a 2009 and it had 2500 miles on the clock.I do however have a few questions. Any info or help would be great! I have looked at a few pages on here already and found out a few answers so here we go.

I have tried with all my mite to get the driver and passenger headrests off but they just seem stuck in on one side. I have done exactly what it says in the manual about pressing the button, lifting, re-pressing and lifting again but I can only get one side out. Where am I going wrong?

When driving, the car does tend to want to vear slightly to the left. I have read that it's a common problem but is it one I need fixing or is it one of those problems that people put up with?

My mpg tend to be about 35.8. Is this about normal? In the first two weeks it was mainly motorways etc and in the last two weeks it has been stop/start short journeys and the mpg has stayed the exact same!

I think thats it for now,

Cheers for any answers!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Damnation!
I have the same problem with my Ceed 1.6 with a steering control. I know several guys who think that it is a normal for this car. However, I would go to my dealer and will ask him to check toe-in, and standardize the steering control. Just to be sure that everything is OK with it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi Damnation, the headrests for both Driver and front passenger are active headrestsand cannot be removed. The rear passenger headrests are coventional and can be taken out.
My Ceed too has a tendency to veer to the left very slightly. I am monitoring the front tyres wear, and if any abnormal wear appears, it goes back to the dealer.

·
Registered
662 Posts
tyres can become camber sensitive swop the wheels side to side and check the pressures as this is the usual cause of a tyre becomeing camber sensitive if you are a town or short journey user raise your tyre pressures by 3psi this will cure the problem and give better tyre life

·
Registered
57 Posts
Is the car veering to the left not some sort of safety feature?

As in if you were to fall asleep at the wheel the veering left takes you off the road and less of a danger to other drivers?

At least thats what i understood it to be

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Poddy said:
Is the car veering to the left not some sort of safety feature?

As in if you were to fall asleep at the wheel the veering left takes you off the road and less of a danger to other drivers?

At least thats what i understood it to be
...and straight into a bus stop full of kids? :)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Its just all cars i have drivin in pull ever so slightly to the left, the roads are slanted slightly to pull you to the left aswell are they not? (also helps getting rain water off the road)

I just thought it was normal for cars to do that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts