Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Xceed phev
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My profile was reset this morning without me accepting any SW update. This happened again last month but then I found out that there was perhaps an OTA update. Last update 3/1/22. Not sure if this is normal as I have to spend a lot of time making adjustments to my profile every time this happens.

Super Moderator
I take it you mean your connect profile has gone.

Make sure you have a back up set in the app.

So in the connect app.

From home page, click on the 3 ... bottom right, Then User Settings, Then user profile, Then user profile backup, Click on run back up at bottom.
Then to send back up to car if your profile disappears. Same route, 3 dots to the right of the backup you want to install & send to car.

Registered
Xceed phev
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I take it you mean your connect profile has gone.

Make sure you have a back up set in the app.

So in the connect app.

From home page, click on the 3 ... bottom right, Then User Settings, Then user profile, Then user profile backup, Click on run back up at bottom.
Then to send back up to car if your profile disappears. Same route, 3 dots to the right of the backup you want to install & send to car.
Many thanks for your help. I didn't know about this option. I will backup my profile once everything has been setup.

But again, my I ask why did this happen when no software update was released. After switching on the ignition, I got a message on the HU saying that the phone or profile has been disconnected. Asking if I want to set up a new one. Strange!

Registered
MY21 Stonic GT-Line S ISG MHEV iMT - sw220211 - map14.47.48.631.401.5
I got the same. Twice in a couple days. Never had that before. After it happened the first time I restored from a backup. After it happened the second time I deleted the backup, set up the profiles again, and saved that as a new backup. Hadn鈥檛 happened since.
i was thinking something in the second profile data (my wife鈥檚) had something wrong.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts