Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a 14 plate Sorento with (I think) the gen 1 satnav software. I took the car to a couple of Kia dealerships to update the software. The explained that they cannot update the software as there is too much of a gap in generations (they apparently have to upgrade gen 1 to gen 2 to gen 3, etc) and the only keep the last 3 years software in stock. So I'm just looking for any advice on any way I can go about updating the software.

Thanks, Ceri.

·
Registered
'05 Sorento xse auto
812 Posts
I know that your vehicle is probably not under warranty, but this is not very good...I was given an 'Imac' 27" pc and because it was using an outdated 'IOS' was told it was no longer supported for the same reason that you say...I'm not sure if you could find an 'independant' guy..I know someone who took a 'tomtom' to such a shop and it was fixed in about 30minutes and only cost about £40!...what I'm saying is I'm sure it's doable? but obviously the dealership just want to sell new cars?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.