Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there can anyone tell me if a gear, transfer box from a 2003 ,2.5 diesel with this type of box
fit a 2006 Sorrento 2.5 diesel fit with this type of box
not sure of the technical terms lol

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
this is a difficult question, for a start the front axle is different on the earlier version, it has the facility to disengage the drive by a dog clutch inside the axle, so if you were to decide to change the front axle the ratio might be different compared to the rear axle, the ratio is a sticker that usually disappears, you cannot have different ration on these, you then have the electronics to deal with,

·
Registered
4,943 Posts
I would say no as the second box has two output sensors where the first box only has one. Unless you also change the control box, dash switch and wiring harness as well. Wiring to back of switch will be different. Also as said front diff will not be dissengaged. I personally think you would be taking an unknown gamble.

Reactions: Andran1

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
I presume your tod box has died a death, have you tries it with the tccs fuse out in the drivers kick panel, might be better to get yours repaired, at least you then know what you have got, buying a s/h tod box can be tricky, getting a good one is not easy, the correct oil in these is of critical importance,

·
Registered
4,943 Posts
I wiil go along with Foster you would be better off repairing TOD box you then know what you have and if maintained correctly and tyres kept an eye on should last years for life of vehicle.

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
when buying s/h parts you get a warranty, but if the product is faulty and it has to be returned it will be to remove from the vehicle at your expense so that it can be returned for a refund. as mentioned previously finding a good s/h tod box will be difficult, they are notoriously unreliable, but it is tyres that causes this unreliability, keep your tyres as kia recommend and you wont have any issues,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts